RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is god real

Slayer706;648404 said:
Every painting has a painter and every building has a builder, thus the creation of the universe must have been done by a creator.

Sometimes when you,ve done things rite, no one is sure you,ve done anyting at all...

Rosetta

Wanderer
Ok this is a topic that is best left buried and decayed. But since it's already here floating on the surface and I don't really want to read the whole 16 or so pages of it, I am just going to respond to the very first post and last.

I mean the people that belive in buda think he created everything or what ever and they never heard of God and we think that Buda is just a made up religion. I mean think about it. They think god is just made up. SOOOOO

Buddhists do not believe that the Buddha created everything.

And about god, I always loved this quote:
“God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of the players, (ie everybody), to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.”
~Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett~

I do not believe or disbelieve in god. I am an agnostic with the view that I don't know if there is a god, gods, supreme being etc, but there could be. And either way, living as a generally good person is the best choice regardless.

People believe what they want or need to believe. And trying to convert or convince them that any certain religious belief is the right one is just damned irritating.

lol

I,m simply trying to get it all started again i loved reading what everyone has to say about it all. :p

16 pages, is enough to give you an idea of what everyone else believes. You are probably going through some religious questions of your own if you are trying to bring this back up.

Pray and see if your prayers are answered and then decide for yourself.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
There is no god.

Thread Over.

There, now you have my opinion. I honestly don't care about yours and I hope you will let this thread die before it become a useless flame war with baseless information being thrown about like poo at a chimpanzee reunion.

Uh I think the guy that started this thread has been gone for a very long time now cuz looking back at the first page of posts I am seeing a whole lot of names that I haven't seen in a year or better now lol.

Seriously though 3 things that should never be the topic of a discussion places like this are religion, politics, and anything about a persons race.

Those three things can never be agreed on by everyone so brining it up will only start a massive flame war.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
God exists. Thread even more closed than it was before. We have now covered all possible points on the spectrum.

Moving on.

birdman2279

Wanderer
Anti-Basic;645021 said:
The egg came first, FYI.

nuh uh :p

it was the chicken who evolved from other species through eventual mutation of youth(eggs), until the species of chicken we know today resulted.

awperator118

Wanderer
SatinsMailMan;644921 said:
You know I've often thought if God was real. Some ppl say that he created the earth and all its surroundings. Then others say that everything was created by a big explosion. They say that dinasours was came before man, but in the bible it clearly says that adam and eve were the first beings on earth. I also thought that some hobo back in the day had to find a way to feed his family so he wrote the bible and said god spoke to him and then it gradually got greater and ppl started to belive it.

If god was real wouldent he give ppl a sign besids the people that die and say that they "seen the light" wouldent he when you need help the most help you or am i retarted. :confused:

I mean the people that belive in buda think he created everything or what ever and they never heard of God and we think that Buda is just a made up religion. I mean think about it. They think god is just made up. SOOOOO

And if nobody has ever given proof that spirits are real i mean if you die nobody knows whats gona happen b/c no one has ever lived to tell about it lol

So do you just go to sleep forever without dreams or do you go to the place youve alsways wanted to go to or if youve been bad to you go to a flaming pit of fire for all of eternity. I dont think its possible.

Ahh and if god made the earth who made god. Its like saying what came first the chicken or the egg.

I think maby in the future they finally make a time machine and they try it and they go abck before time to see how it started and something went wrong and two ppl that went there got trapped and the time machind created a black hole that sent everything back with the ppl and their names just happened to be adam and eve lol

Just think about it

You've done right when noone knows you've done anything at all - God (From Futurama)

Rosetta

Wanderer
Midnightdragon;725114 said:
Uh I think the guy that started this thread has been gone for a very long time now cuz looking back at the first page of posts I am seeing a whole lot of names that I haven't seen in a year or better now lol.

Seriously though 3 things that should never be the topic of a discussion places like this are religion, politics, and anything about a persons race.

Those three things can never be agreed on by everyone so brining it up will only start a massive flame war.

The person that necroed this post, is also the one that started it back in February.

Run UO forums sometimes has talked about politics, religion and I believe race was brought up somewhere. I think we'll all live through it.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
What we should do in this thread is just have a popular vote. You post whether or not you believe in this format:

"God is real."
"God is not real."

And that's all you post. No justification allowed. I would laugh.

Lysdexic

Sorceror
TheRockstar2253;725261 said:
God is real. Enough said

Well that was stated in all sorts of wrong.

God is real in your own universe. Your universe would not exist if you did not exist (don't get egotistical, it's only a theoretical comparison).

God is not real in my universe. My universe would not exist if I did not exist.

Is your universe real? Yes.
Is my universe real? Yes.

Would your universe exist if I did not? Of course.
Would my universe exist if you did not? Of course.

So who is right? We both are, because our universes are what we make of them. I'm damn happy that you have found something to spur your own life in a direction. But just because you feel so strongly does not mean I have to agree, because my life is going quite dandy thank you very much!

So everyone who says one way or the other, just shut the fuck up, you're all wrong, you're all right, and you're all to ignorant to realize that there is no reason to argue!

Joeku

Lord
Lysdexic;725275 said:
Well that was stated in all sorts of wrong.

God is real in your own universe. Your universe would not exist if you did not exist (don't get egotistical, it's only a theoretical comparison).

God is not real in my universe. My universe would not exist if I did not exist.

Is your universe real? Yes.
Is my universe real? Yes.

Would your universe exist if I did not? Of course.
Would my universe exist if you did not? Of course.

So who is right? We both are, because our universes are what we make of them. I'm damn happy that you have found something to spur your own life in a direction. But just because you feel so strongly does not mean I have to agree, because my life is going quite dandy thank you very much!

So everyone who says one way or the other, just shut the fuck up, you're all wrong, you're all right, and you're all to ignorant to realize that there is no reason to argue!
*head explodes*