RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jail System

Sachin Esha

Wanderer
Ok so i think i'm ready to tackle the next issue. I tried to give everyone a few days off lol. The jail system. Yes i have Distro/Xanthos and i'm told somewhere in there is a jail. Now i know my eyes are old but i have to yet seen this folder/file anywhere. Can anyone give me a push start as to where i can find this "jail system"

What i want our jail system to do , I have seen this a few years ago on another shard our family played on, but i want the player that uses profanity "a list we create" words to expode leaving only bits of body parts burning and his shoes, while he is sent to a jail of my making.

Sorry i babble too much, back to the point, is there indeed a jail system? In Distro/Xanthos that i am over looking? Or will i have to find/make us one? I apologize if this thread is in wrong spot but it is a script related question.

Thank you for any replies and suggestions and i hope everyone has a very nice day.

Sachin Esha

Wanderer
Sweet Hammerhand, thank you, yeah i figured i could "customize" the wrath of the deed somewhere in the script lol, thanks again , going to DL and TRY to install LOL wish me luck !

Sachin Esha

Wanderer
AWwwww the slave system is gone......hmm and the Cats system (which dont sound half as fun) is giving me errors atm lol , go fig

Sachin Esha

Wanderer
Ok cats system is now working but.... i need to add to it somehow or add a additional script to jail for profanity. Still cannot find a link to the slave system either, i think the slave system was for profanity. Still searching.

P.s. I wish i had that duct tape and barbed wire script as well LOL i got family crying "gimme gimme"

pooka01

Sorceror
Making the player "squelch"ed is probably the closest you can get to duct tape xD
Just don't forget to put the property back on when time is over! ;D

Dian

Sorceror
Pretty sure that Cats Jail system did do something like explode a player for profanity since you mentioned it. Look through the script really good. I use to use it as well years ago.

Sachin Esha

Wanderer
Well the profanity works now but i still cannot get it to work in "Public chat" channel , in the script its listed as OOC or say but we dont use OOC per say, just "say, guild and Public" channels. Any suggestions ?

Dian

Sorceror
yep, out of character.. but really, you dont have to use it specifically for that direct meaning of the term.. just put in the words you want to be punishable, and alter the way it handles the punishment if you need to.
Checking the other chat systems too, that would need some additions to the script but you probably could have it check those too, yeah