RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lighthouse Keeper Quest

reverian

Sorceror
Lighthouse Keeper Quest

Lighthouse Keeper Quest

This quest is a very simple one.

The basic story line is that there is a Lighthouse Keeper located at the lighthouse in Haven (3462 3052 7). A player visits the Keeper and talks with him. The keeper sends him on a mission to defeat a Crystal Golem.

The Crystal Golem is found in Haven, also (3544 2720 2). Once the Crystal Golem is defeated, it will drop a Light Enhancing Crystal. The player takes the Light Enhancing Crystal back to the Lighthouse Keeper.

Once the player drops the crystal on the Lighthouse Keeper, the player receives a Travel Book with 25 charges. The Travel Book is simply a book that opens the public moongate gump when double clicked. Once it has been used 25 times, the book deletes itself with a "bang". The player does not receive any damage, but it does sound cool.

Please feel free to alter any of the scripts in this package to best suit your shard's needs.

*EDIT* There is an auto generator now added to the package as of 12/30/05. To activate this quest on your shard, just unzip and drop the package into your custom scripts folder then type [genlkq ingame. This will generate the quest for your players.

Attachments

• Lighthouse Keeper Quest.zip
    7.7 KB · Views: 347

Twlizer

Sorceror
reverian said:
This quest is a very simple one.

The basic story line is that there is a Lighthouse Keeper located at the lighthouse in Haven (3462 3052 7). A player visits the Keeper and talks with him. The keeper sends him on a mission to defeat a Crystal Golem.

The Crystal Golem is found in Haven, also (3544 2720 2). Once the Crystal Golem is defeated, it will drop a Light Enhancing Crystal. The player takes the Light Enhancing Crystal back to the Lighthouse Keeper.

Once the player drops the crystal on the Lighthouse Keeper, the player receives a Travel Book with 25 charges. The Travel Book is simply a book that opens the public moongate gump when double clicked. Once it has been used 25 times, the book deletes itself with a "bang". The player does not receive any damage, but it does sound cool.

Thank you for the quest ill Look at it and see about a addition to my shard. I hope you dont mind if i Mod it slightly...

reverian

Sorceror
Twlizer,

Feel free to modify the scripts to best suit your shard's needs.

Joeku,

No problem. I enjoy playing with the RunUO Server and playing the client. I do not have the time or financial ability to pay for a decent server. So, I just mess around during college breaks.

I'll try to spit out 1 or 2 more quests while I have the time. I know that I loved to play on shards that I had to earn items. I mean, after you GM all your skills, what else is there to do? Well, introducing quests... even if they are simple 1 stage quests... the players seem to be satisifed (even if only for a while).

reverian

Sorceror
Update

There is an auto generator now added to the package as of 12/30/05. To activate this quest on your shard, just unzip and drop the package into your custom scripts folder then type [genlkq ingame. This will generate the quest for your players.

Johabius

Knight
Nice going...once I get my server up and running again, I'll have to give this one a whirl...I love quests;)

Thank you very much Milva I did find one already in the game if you say [add item 18212 It will add a light house with a spinning light or [add item 18221 then it adds one with a stationary light. Also I have a friend that made and addon one for me. Hope this info helps anyone else that may need it tho.

milva

Sorceror
Nice glad you did get an Addon for the lighthouse :) you will need one more ID for the bottom left of the lighthouse (works for both) 18223