RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for Skill Customization

Icescythe

Traveler
Hello again, this is a follow up of the thread requesting some help with a custom map! I'd like to thank the folks who took the time out of their day to get the suggestions for that going. The map is being set up and we're getting our own gumps and animations nailed down as I'm typing this...

But here's the biggest thing I can't seem to shake. We're thinking of trying some custom character development that isn't the traditional UO system of having 700-1000 points worth of skills, HOWEVER, there aren't that many custom designs out there that I am seeing.

Perhaps we could go with a Ranking system that you gain points from crafting or fighting, or maybe a WoW like talent system? I'd prefer not that but maybe that gives an idea.

Now, Khaeros/Dark Age 2's "Character Forge" system isn't all that bad, but not sure how much messing with that any of us want to do. Thoughts or suggestions?