RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for someone to join me

MarciXs

Sorceror
Hey Everyone,

I've been working on a shard Ultimadia. The website is : http://www.ultimadia.com
And I'm at a point where I would love to have someone to work with me. Ultimadia is not your traditional free-shard, well it is not going to be anyway. No era specifics no OSI cloning, just pure use of UO data and ones ability to imagine/dream. To create a 'living' world is the goal.

My own abilities are Scripting and Web dev. Not too much of a designer. But I can design stuff.

And If anyone out there would like to join for a project to create a new and unique experience to players, please feel free to e-mail me at marcis[@]ultimadia.com

I could use help by someone who preferable knows how to script but idea's person would be great too. Need a lot of thinking and testing.

First goal would be PVP oriented 'mini-shard'. One where a player doesn't need to invest much time to actually start having fun playing UO. After that a fuller version of shard could be made.

The main feature as of now is the combat system. Which is the main framework for the 'mini-shard'. No it's not a zombie shard ;-)

Some videos:

A lot of have changed since, code wise as those were alphas. But nevertheless you can see where Ultimadia differs.

Reactions: QNX

MarciXs

Sorceror
Still looking for people. If you can script or you have some ideas, that would help a lot. I need someone to help me to think about certain aspects of things as well as features, quests etc.

I've updated combat system to about 0.8 It's much smoother also certain additions:
To carry out and actually use your shield to absorb your damage you need to actually use it:
Also addition to having poison arrows/bolts.

Magery has been revamped due to Mages being at advantage over melee preferring players, referring to use of targets. Thus unifying the use of good old warmode and double click your target.

I've also begun work on revamping Crafting so that those(me including) who love economic side of things don't feel left out. As for not being able to change anything nor do anything themselves. Like create better items and stuff. Cause now crafters simply rely on a randomly generated numbers we call chance ...

Crafting prototype:

4 Ores: Iron,Copper,Silver and Gold

Little info on what Ultimadia is about:

Ultimadia's goal is to create a living World. That is, a World where player actions are not necessary for the world to exist and change. Make players experience the World and not push them to make it.

There are quite a few changes that need to be done so that players can actually get involved into the game, which meant rethinking and rewriting systems such as Combat System, Magery System. Also Crafting system as well as resource gathering had to change. You can no longer mine gold at the same place you mine iron ore.

Creating a unique World means also creating unique items. As of now items are pretty much the same. I mean, sure certain things change their properties but in general, Viking Sword will need certain Strength requirement etc. This is one of the things that needed to change. Each weapon has to be unique. Meaning if two players have Viking Swords one of the swords might be sharper than the other due to crafting or ingots used.

Removal of the Gold Pieces as a resource. Currently It's the most valuable resource. You can trade it for anything. The sad thing is it is also the main currency thus it's being flooded pointlessly into the economy. Instead fixed gold will be given to every town bank.Removal is being done by simply not creating any gold into the world after the town's gold has been created. Thus loots no longer contain gold.
Prices of items will be lowered to increase gold's strength as a currency. Which means everything will pretty much cost as it does now but the prices will be different. Meaning lower in number but not value's sense.

Vendor sell list should reflect to what they can make or make and not be just generic items that you can buy anywhere else. Players need to travel to other towns for better items, for instance you won't find yew log bows for sale in Britain as they would be made in Yew, thus also sold there.

So, if you think that any of this may suit you in terms of the shard's direction just drop me an PM here on forums or e-mail me.

Thanks.

MarciXs

Sorceror
Live demo of the crafting prototype as to how it may look.

Obviously Progress menu is missing and checks for anvil, forge and water barrel or source in general presence haven't been put it. This was more of a live demo to give a better view on the direction I am taking regarding Crafting.

The idea is simple, badly heated ingots will increase the time to build an item, over-heated not burnt ingots would give brittle items etc. Well you get the idea.