RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lords Binary Uo_rice source

Lords Binary Uo_rice source

Hi.
Lord Binary have contributed to the community source of the uo_rice. He dont have time to maintan it.
New maintainers needed.
Sorry for my english :)

Attachments

• uo_rice.rar
    1.5 MB · Views: 376

HellRazor

Knight
I hope someone like Jeff or Zippy will continue this. UO RICE was always a nice option for people who didn't want to use frontend loaders. Seems like it could be updated whenever Razor and ConnectUO are updated due to client changes.

Keeping it open source would be an added benefit by allowing people to continue maintenance indefinately.

b0b01

Sorceror
I looked into it, looks like a nice programm, i got a question about the decryption.

the programm loads the client exe and looks for certain patterns that should be the ecryption key.

My qustion is how did the author know the pattern to look for or better, how could i find out about the pattern in case OSI changed it with a new client?

HellRazor

Knight
I imagine it must be legit, I don't think he has ever released the source before. He doesn't really do UO stuff any more so maybe he just hasn't bothered with updating the web page.

Oh I'm sure it is, It's just that I'd like confirmation of that from the original author before using a project built off of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthar Thernis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Binary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthar Thernis
Hello.
Are you the creator of the uo_rice?
Thanks
yes
Hello - is there any chance for the update of uo_rice?
Thanks
sorry ... to be honest it's not really big ...
basicly I don't update any of my uo tools anymore.

but: of course you can have the source code.
and: for rice I'll see if a can fix it "a last" time quickly.
if it's just a matter of a few hours I'll do this "last update".
if it cant be done with a quick update not.

unfortunatly I'm curerntly out of town, dont have access to my own source code/machine :)
... for approx. 2 weeks.

So I can't do anything before approx. end of april,
plz re-contact me here if you dont hear anything from me till then.

wish I had better news,
best regards anyway, lb

Attachments

• LB.jpg
    LB.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 113