RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

magic casting monsters

Dipset

Wanderer
magic casting monsters

put a longer delay on how fast they will cast spells.

as it is now i dought a daemon could drop 4-5 people in a matter of seconds, and with 500 mana... no problem at all.

krrios

Administrator
The casting frequency can be changed in Scripts/Mobiles/Monsters/Magical/Aggressive.cs. They have the same casting times as normal players.

Dipset

Wanderer
ok, thanks.

another thing, how do you get the body ID for monsters, NPC? i tried InsideUO but it used the wrong graphic. i tried to make a evil mage lore script and used the graphois 0x14 like it says in IUO but it was a frost spider

Mithril

Sorceror
With some versions of InsideUO ( can't remember which ones ) the ID numbers are off by 1. Try adding or subtracting 1 from tghe ID number that InsideUO gives you and see what you get.

Relarin

Wanderer
krrios said:
The casting frequency can be changed in Scripts/Mobiles/Monsters/Magical/Aggressive.cs. They have the same casting times as normal players.

Can it be changed to 'No cast until Attacked' like on OSI shards? My biggest complaint with POL was that a casting monster started blasting you before it was even visible onscreen and kept it up forever (and to change that behavior, you had to hand edit the script for EACH monster, there was no global behavior control).

Relarin

Spooky

Wanderer
Monstors

I for one am glad that runUO's monstors are harder than OSI's.

Who here that is a verteran player doesnt know how to go about killing them with ease?

Relarin

Wanderer
Re: Monstors

Spooky said:
I for one am glad that runUO's monstors are harder than OSI's.

That's nice.

Spooky said:
Who here that is a verteran player doesnt know how to go about killing them with ease?

Well, now that the representative of chestbeating 'leet veterans has been heard from and informed us of their 'leet monster-killing skills, perhaps we can get on with suggestions and ideas?

A switch in the configuration file that gives THE SHARD ADMIN the option to adjust it to their players wishes is what I meant, not default everything to OSI only. A simple series of config options, 'AI_Casts_First = 1|0' (have no idea what the C# syntax is) and perhaps another 'Monster_Difficulty = 1 - 10 with 1 being OSI approximate) would allow both those shards that want to emulate OSI FULLY and those shards that want to be 'leet and define 'leet as 'pain in the ass to play, more like a job than a game' to have it both ways with ease.

The devs are coding to a SPECTRUM of interests, and suggestions that are geared towards supporting a spectrum of users are far more useful than 'Us vets like it hard' statements.

Relarin

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Global configs for things like that SUCK.

I will be for sure banking against anything like that. Each monster should be individually configured to do exactly what it can/what is wanted. If you dont want it to cast first then change the script of that monster.

Also I hate people that use the word 'leet' just because someone says they like harder monsters because they are a vetran. He wanst touting his leetness, he was simply stating that he as an older player liked it that the monsters were hard.

Also, if youd like to have a little more fun with the monsters, set their mana to 75 :)

Spooky

Wanderer
Monstors

Sounds like you need to play more UO Relarin and get yer skills up.

If OSI is so good why would you play on an EMU?????

UO has lost a lot of its cooperative play style it had when it was new due to many reasons like OSI implemented changes and players just getting better at the game.

Harder monstors that you need to use team work on brings back the better team work cooperative style of game that UO vets like.

But if you want to rant yer arse of in a flame war im game.