RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[makesay

Arvoreen

Sorceror
[makesay

I made this little script a while ago to sorta test targets, and to have some fun.

Anyone/everyone may use/abuse it as they see fit.

Just:
- Drop this script somewhere in the Scripts folder, restart your server, and while in-game (as >= GM)
[makesay <text>
or
[ms <text>

And target an item or mobile, and it will speak what you have typed.

Since I didn't see any way for Items to talk, I used PublicOverheadMessage.

Attachments

• MakeSay.zip
    619 bytes · Views: 506

Swerve_jnr

Wanderer
nice script, although i'm sure it's been done before, but what the hell you put effort into doing it. Well done.
Thanks

Kieran

Arvoreen

Sorceror
Swerve_jnr said:
nice script, although i'm sure it's been done before, but what the hell you put effort into doing it. Well done.
Thanks

Kieran

Actually, I did a search for 'say' (came up with nothing at all) and 'speak' (came up with some unrelated stuff) in the Submission forum, and didn't come up with anything like this. If I'd seen one, I probably wouldn't have posted.

And it really didn't take any effort. Looked at the docs a couple of times. :D

zetamine

Sorceror
cool

Sounds cool to me, sounds like a great way to make new events, make it appear if a monster or item is talking without the staff member having to actually be the monster. Thanks Arv!

Jeff

Lord
zetamine said:
Sounds cool to me, sounds like a great way to make new events, make it appear if a monster or item is talking without the staff member having to actually be the monster. Thanks Arv!
I like to make the players on my server that are talking shit on someone say soething that puts themselves down :cool:

Pyro-Tech

Knight
i had a script for b36 that did this but lost it....never went and looked for it.

So thank you for recreating this....

good job:)

wulf monat

Sorceror
none

there is 2 seperate scripts that do this one is itemsay and the other is jusy say they are commands that somone had posted on these forums before
but good work ill try this out might make for another good one instead of having 2 seperate ones.:)

AasanDar

Wanderer
hahah POL has a .sayabove command.. does pretty much the same thing. Lots of fun.. I'll definitely be downloading this! Thanks.

zetamine

Sorceror
I like to make the players on my server that are talking shit on someone say soething that puts themselves down

haha I've already used this to do the exact same thing.

It's alright I lack the braincells to say anything intelligent. Please someone Squelch or Ban me?!

Kheldar

Sorceror
ty for the script my players got a kick out of this one of them seriously thought he was losing his mind he was talking to a head without a body lmao asked if anyone else saw it and they all told him no thx again for the great script

Nam01

Wanderer
here is [say command

Dont know who made this had this script for long time credit goes to whoever made it.

Attachments

• SayCommands.cs
    2.2 KB · Views: 31

Dian

Sorceror
I like to make the players on my server that are talking shit on someone say soething that puts themselves down

My favorite in that case was making the guy say "hey, btw.. Im gay" or somthing along those lines ;)

Sparkin

Sorceror
Thanks for putting this out for 2.0 its the second script on my test server thanks gonna be fun using it here too :)