RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Making NetState.PacketEncoder an instance member instead of a static class member.

darkstorm

Wanderer
Making NetState.PacketEncoder an instance member instead of a static class member.

This patch is here to make PacketEncoder more useful to allow it to save encoder state information directly with the NetState without the use of a Hashmap or similar techniques. (Which require you to clean up the Hashmap etc.).

The patch is rather simple. It consists in removing two static keywords on line 91 and 93 of the original NetState.cs.

Attached to this post are three files:

a) A compressed RunUO.exe which is the official 1.0.0 source compiled with this patch.

b) A compressed patch that can be applied to your existing source by extracting it into your RunUO source directory and running the supplied .bat files. It also allows removing itself from the source by running the supplied bat file. This is an incremental patch, so it does not overwrite any files and will keep your personal changes to NetState.cs intact.

c) The modified NetState.cs file if you would just like to replace the original file.

This patch has already been accepted into the next official release by Zippy (Zippy's da man!) but since the release date of the next RunUO version is unknown i've decided to release this separately to support my encryption scripts better.

cu,
DarkStorm

Attachments

• NetState.cs
    15.9 KB · Views: 204
  • NetStatePatch.zip
    70.7 KB · Views: 171
  • RunUO-with-NetStatePatch.zip
    167.1 KB · Views: 154

Kenko

Page
Sticky: Using a Modified Core. said:
There is no rule saying that you can not use a modified core, or even modify the core yourself.

However, if you choose to use a modified core, whether you modified it or someone else did, then you will not recieve support in the forums for your shard.
This is the price that you will pay for not waiting for the dev's to fix something.
Just a post above this one.

seanandre

Sorceror
Well that's nice and completely useless.

According to the original post of this script, it says that no core modifications are required to use it, but when you try to use it it gives errors, and the only way to fix them is to apply the core modification in this post. I'm not looking for support from the forums, I'm looking for support from the person who made this script.

Jeff

Lord
seanandre said:
Well that's nice and completely useless.

According to the original post of this script, it says that no core modifications are required to use it, but when you try to use it it gives errors, and the only way to fix them is to apply the core modification in this post. I'm not looking for support from the forums, I'm looking for support from the person who made this script.
No, its not supported because the RunUO.exe he posted is modded, thus its a modded core Sorry, your out of luck.

A suggestion tho, this is a for 1.0 only so if your using it with 2.0 that is your problem

EDIT: seems he hasnt been on these forums for some time now :(