RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maps are all off

Erucid

Sorceror
Maps are all off

I just got my runuo server up on debian mono. And my maps are all of. When I hit the [go and pick a location, it is some different place on the world. Like the map of the world doesn't fit with the [go command. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this. Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Erucid

Sorceror
No, I am not using a custom map.

I copied my Ea Games\Ultima Online Mondains Legacy directory to /runuo/UOML_files and pointed the server at these files in the /runuo/devel/Scripts/Misc/DataPath.cs

/runuo/devel/Data contains a region.xml
/runuo/devel/Data/Locations contains a variety of things like trammel.xml and tokuno.xml

It is looking like everything is correct, and that is what is confusing me.

Scriptiz

Sorceror
If you have the default region.xml it's normal that the [go command don't get you on the good location.

Cause you're using a Custom map.

You have to define your own regions in region.xml depending on your map.

Erucid

Sorceror
Scriptiz;844454 said:
Cause you're using a Custom map.
Notice above where I say;
No, I am not using a custom map.
The plot thickins. I used a different client (same version, same install UOML CD, but different computer) and my [go did work. I could [go to moonglow and jholme etc. But, I didn't have access to anything outside of tram and I didn't have haven. But that wasn't on my computer. I'm really confused here.

Erucid

Sorceror
On the client? Well, what if, I can use this same client to play on another server and it works just fine. ;-( Then it sounds like the client map is not broken.

Erucid

Sorceror
So I went to jholme, and created the moongates. I can go anywhere via moongate, except where have should be, it says Error {MegaCliloc) : and it takes me to a place that does not look like haven.

Scriptiz

Sorceror
No idea where your problem is coming from.

If you are using the same map*.mul both on the server and on the client side, it should work fine.

Any problems on my side, with a custom map, and a serveur turning on mono...

I think you made a mistake somewhere.