RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Medical Crafting

Medical Crafting

Medical crafting is a system I made to train your healing skill. Sense theirseems to be no decent healing trainer systems I could find for 1.0. It comes with some realy cool items. First you start by making medical books. Kinda pointless and boring but you can sell them back to the Doctor. Once you get your skill high enough I think around 30ish. you can start making bandaids, then make ehanced bandaids, medical sling and finaly a surgical knife. The surgical knife works just like a bandaid or bandage. But looks like a knife to simulate a operation. These bandaids heal alot more then a normal bandage. So you might want to adjust them to your shard.

After you reach 120 on healing, you can craft your self a cerftifed Doctor in the art of healing deed and a Doctors lab coat that gives you +10% healing. The Doctor or vendor is included and only sells the medical tools. However, he buys all the items you can make with the system. To help reduce clutter on your shard. Expect a updated version of this system soon. Works on 1.0 and should work on 2.0 might need converted if your 2.0.

Please post your ideas to help me improve this system. I put alot of work in this one.

As aside note for everyone. Yes I will be releaseing a vet craft system soon as well and it will work with this system. So enjoy.

Attachments

• Medical Crafting.zip
    21.3 KB · Views: 189

Fixxxer

Sorceror
oldschool-3038;762019 said:
Medical crafting is a system I made to train your healing skill. Sense theirseems to be no decent healing trainer systems I could find for 1.0. It comes with some realy cool items. First you start by making medical books. Kinda pointless and boring but you can sell them back to the Doctor. Once you get your skill high enough I think around 30ish. you can start making bandaids, then make ehanced bandaids, medical sling and finaly a surgical knife. The surgical knife works just like a bandaid or bandage. But looks like a knife to simulate a operation. These bandaids heal alot more then a normal bandage. So you might want to adjust them to your shard.

After you reach 120 on healing, you can craft your self a cerftifed Doctor in the art of healing deed and a Doctors lab coat that gives you +10% healing. The Doctor or vendor is included and only sells the medical tools. However, he buys all the items you can make with the system. To help reduce clutter on your shard. Expect a updated version of this system soon. Works on 1.0 and should work on 2.0 might need converted if your 2.0.

Please post your ideas to help me improve this system. I put alot of work in this one.

As aside note for everyone. Yes I will be releaseing a vet craft system soon as well and it will work with this system. So enjoy.

Looks like a good addition, thanks for the script..

Kitchen_

Sorceror
oldschool-3038;762019 said:

That's actually a pretty good idea, good job.

Zaphieon

Wanderer
nice ideas..... ill give it a test.

lol kitchen seems to have a crush on me.. hes bad with C++ and photoshop.. lol

TalRave

Wanderer
Code:
 + Customs/Medical Crafting/Items/Bandaid.cs:
    CS0029: Line 233: Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Collections.Generic
.List<Server.Mobile>' to 'System.Collections.ArrayList'
+ Customs/Medical Crafting/Items/EnhancedBandaid.cs:
 + Customs/Medical Crafting/Items/Medical Sling.cs:
 + Customs/Medical Crafting/Items/Surgical Knife.cs:

Anyone know the fix to this?

oiii88

Sorceror
TalRave;762754 said:
Code:
 + Customs/Medical Crafting/Items/Bandaid.cs:
+ Customs/Medical Crafting/Items/EnhancedBandaid.cs:
 + Customs/Medical Crafting/Items/Medical Sling.cs:
 + Customs/Medical Crafting/Items/Surgical Knife.cs:

Anyone know the fix to this?

You trying to install this on 2.0? If so this was written for 1.0 and in 2.0 the ArrayList has been replaced with the type of List<YourType>

So you would need to change I believe

Code:
ArrayList friends = petPatient.Friends;

To

Code:
List<Mobile> friends = petPatient.Friends;

If this works for bandaids you will need to change the other 3 files also from Arraylist to List
Note I did not test this as I dont have access to a server right now, just compared 1.0 and 2.0 scripts.

TalRave

Wanderer
oiii88;762786 said:
You trying to install this on 2.0? If so this was written for 1.0 and in 2.0 the ArrayList has been replaced with the type of List<YourType>

So you would need to change I believe

Code:
ArrayList friends = petPatient.Friends;

To

Code:
List<Mobile> friends = petPatient.Friends;

If this works for bandaids you will need to change the other 3 files also from Arraylist to List
Note I did not test this as I dont have access to a server right now, just compared 1.0 and 2.0 scripts.

aye, I figured it was a conversion matter, but I wasn't sure how this code was changed over.
Thanks, I'll try it immediately.

update: changing that, i now get this error on the above mentioned items

Code:
Errors:
 + Custom/Medical Crafting/Items/Bandaid.cs:
    CS0246: Line 232: The type or namespace name 'List' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0021: Line 236: Cannot apply indexing with [] to an expression of type 'List<Server.Mobile>'

oiii88

Sorceror
TalRave;762799 said:
update: changing that, i now get this error on the above mentioned items

Code:
Errors:
 + Custom/Medical Crafting/Items/Bandaid.cs:
    CS0246: Line 232: The type or namespace name 'List' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0021: Line 236: Cannot apply indexing with [] to an expression of type 'List<Server.Mobile>'

Add to the top
Code:
using System.Collections.Generic;

I think this should do it...

Silial

Wanderer
A post

I have found this system to be GREAT for pvp shards. And mostly for any non uber shard. The enchaned bandaids have made it a lot easier to heal my merc on some shards that have it and on my friends. Its definetly put greater heal out of buisness unless you need a fast heal. Other than that its a great script. Thanks and I do hope you continue to contribute these awesome scripts.

Hammerhand

Knight
Medical Crafting for RC2 & SVN's.

I went ahead and converted this to RC2 & SVN levels. Made a slight change tho. I used the body sash art for the Medical Sling. Dr's coat now crafts white as well. Tested on an SVN 282 test server and works fine. Props & Thanks to OldSchool for the script. :D

Attachments

• Medical Crafting RC2.rar
    20.7 KB · Views: 76

old_school

Wanderer
Gee thanks guys and thanks for converting for me im lazy lol im glad u guys all liked the new craft i highly recommend the diplomat crafting too. Diplomacy is kinda a cool thing an could be better if someone wanted to improve upon that crafting system as well. Anyway thanks for the support guys. Please post updates for the med craft or post ideas if u want and ill try to add them into the system for you.