RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Medieval Shard - A new and yet simple shard !

Zidenbr

Sorceror
Hi there.

Im a programmer and i just back into UO to make this shard. Ive changed a few things on runuo to fit what i belive is a good shard, and im looking for people to acomplish this with me.

Changes ive made to see the type of shard im willing to make:

- Modain Legacy update, so SpellWeaving, Chiv etc.
- Only felluca
- Removed artifacts
- Properties on items are aways very low
- Can cast walking, number of steps you can walk during a cast depends on Focus skill
- Can cast with staff in hands
- No faster spell casting, aways 0
- No FCR, aways Pre-Aos recovery
- No lower reagents costs ,mage armor, any weapon skill
- Custom Quests

Thats some simple changes ive made to kinda have a hibrid shard between old school UO with the new updates. Im looking for coders or staffs for the shard. Its not Online yet.

Zidenbr

Sorceror
Just created a simple starting class system that will affect the starting skills/items, not the gameplay until now.

Im in need of decorators/GM/Webdesigner and , if anyone wants, a Scripter as well.
Been workin around the auction system as well and made a few tweaks to combat system to balance with the new item rules.
Also, disabled Insurance. It will be an Old School UO with the new stuff.

Zidenbr

Sorceror
Just updated somethings. Im posting here so if anyone wants to join the crew (as im seeing, its hard, everyone wanna 'do it yourself').

Just added stealable artifacts on felluca dungeons (most of em, not all tho). Made rare dyes (no neon dies) drop from champions. improved champion loots in general, added new imbuing system (thats being balanced right now as a 6% life leech property for example is OP on this shard, every property has very low values).

Also, made a new lever system so make dungeons a little bit more challeling. Im going to code some simple puzzles to make it even more challenging.

Also added a new auction house system (not authoral tho, just found the script). Made some minor modifications to make the experience with less grinding and / or macroing, so macroable skills to level have theyr rates ultra high (such as Eval Int, Arms Lore, Anatomy). Normal skills have normal high rates, and crafting skills have medium rates.

Added as well some quests and newbie quests so new players can find themselves immersed in the world quickly.

The next step is to think about events/pvp. Im thinkin on a bomberman style event , besides the normal ranked pvp arenas.

Still looking for ppl to join the project. The shard is not online yet (im waiting the Host deliver the machine we just bought) but it will be in some time.

I dont know if there is any other shard with this type (a ML shard with UO:R gameplay style) so im having high acceptance from players ive invited to beta test.

Btw, i disabled insurance.

More then developers, webmasters and GMS, im looking for old school players who can help with IDEAS. A good idea is more valuable then lines of code. I want to mix the old UO with the new updates as far as i can go.

Still gotta think something cool abount resistences, and what causes them to make the PvP less fun then it was. Maybe cause old times we had 2 resistances (armor, magical) and now even if u have physical resistances you can take fire damage from a weapon (witch was removed from Medieval Shard, the max elemental damage a weapon can do is 20%). Maybe changind how spells work and elemental damage works on PvP (for PvM it works well, you need to deal Cold Damage vs that type of monster and have high poison resist etc etc).

Ciao !