RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Merry Christmas

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Merry Christmas

While I am FULLY aware that the entirety of RunUO.com users would not be American/Christian the development team is.

I am fully disgusted at the level of censorship we've seen this year in regards to Christmas and I wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

For those of you who do not celebrate the way we do, Happy Holidays!

Thanks,
Ryan

WarAngel

Wanderer
Holidays comes from the root form of "holy days", which is a Christian phrase, so the idiots trying to get rid of "Merry Christmas" and replace it with "Happy Holidays" aren't very smart anyway.

But yes, Merry Christmas to everyone!

LordHogFred

Knight
Mery Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

I'm glad that we don't need to try and shy away from saying that here :).

sidsid

Sorceror
I'll give everyone one guess at what I'd like to see for Christmas! ;)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!

A_Li_N

Knight
I always say Happy Holidays for the simple reason that I'm lazy, and saying 'Merry Christmas and Happy New Year' is just so long :)

Happy Holidays!

Peoharen

Sorceror
WarAngel said:
Holidays comes from the root form of "holy days", which is a Christian phrase, so the idiots trying to get rid of "Merry Christmas" and replace it with "Happy Holidays" aren't very smart anyway.QUOTE]
It is not Christians only. "Holy" is used in many relegions.
And theres a "Holi day" too.

Holi is a Hindu festival marking springtime and the accidental burning of Holika by her father in Hindu mythology. It takes place over two days on the full moon in late March, early April. Bonfires are lit on the first night of Holi. This year Holi was on March 25, 2005.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!

Edit- Quoting seems messed up...

manofwar

Sorceror
Merry Christmas Everyone!

Thanks Ryan for these forums and all you and your team do for all of us. I am with sidsid, i know whats on your wish list and it is on mine too! Merry Christmas to all of RunUO and all of the people who list here in the forums. I give thanks for all the help i have recieved here (You too Phantom), and wish every one a Very prosperous New Year and may all our dreams come true!

mogbert

Wanderer
Whatever

Im from Canada and we seem to have the same problem north of the border and we are closer to santa then you guys. seriously though im not christian but the whole merry christmas thing is the way it should be. north america was conquered by white christians. not to be racist thats not what im saying,. alot of the people that are against the merry christmas are whitey that are atheist or agnostic. frankly im agnostic and i dont really care about the merry christmas arguement. we live in the free world. which is founded on christian principles. people trying to force the happy holidays argument are facist. its a free country no one is forcing anyone to celebrate but when you immigrate to the country you should have an understanding that it is a christian country and try to have a little bit of understanding for our culture. after all the long and trying process of incorperating immigrants into our society is a long one and we show the tolerance needed to accomplish this. i meen im not trying to say i dissrespect other cultures but if i moved to iraq or china i would not try to force people to change there culture to accomidate mine.

if ive offended anyone, then your missing the point of what im saying.

but i will completely understand if you clear my post ryan. i understand you may not want to start this debate.

anyway merry christmas.
and to all others hi.

WarAngel

Wanderer
I know it's not just Christian, but people are trying to replace Christmas because it is Christian, and they are replacing it with a phrase which also has a root which is Christian.

Halfsite

Sorceror

Everyone have a safe and healthy one...

Merry Christmas!!!
man i hope i spelt that right :confused:

woot just checked! i did

Again Merry Christmas and Happy Newyears!!! *cough same is on my wish list * :rolleyes:

Thx for whatcha done RunUO Team

bzk90

Lord
Iv'e had enough with the pc bs concerning christmas, it makes me wonder if saying xmas is also considered non pc (since its pronounced ex mas and not crissmas (as in a crisscross)

owell, happy christmas, enjoy the eggnog with nutmeg and your other favorite drinks, after the 25 ill make a thread so we can all converse about the day at hand :) and what we were given/gave.

take a break from runuo ryan, and have a jolly time (make sure to tell santa you need new keyboards for your devs (im sure their current ones are pretty worn ;/)

Darke456

Wanderer
Ryan said:
I am fully disgusted at the level of censorship we've seen this year in regards to Christmas and I wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

Please do tell me where this censorship is coming from? i sure have not seen any:confused:

And this BS about "atheist or agnostics" censoring Christmas, is just that BS, I am an atheist, cant see how anyone could believe in an imaginary man sitting on some cloud, but i could care less if you say merry christmas, so Please where is it coming from, who is censoring this? just give me 1 name, just 1 name that is trying to censor the word christmas.

And Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays.