RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mod support?

ArconX

Wanderer
mod support?

Got a idear this night (in my dreams :) ).

Is it possible to add in the server & your client the following way of working:

a check on the server on a mod directory, were you can place your own graphic/music files. The standart osi format but pure independend files, just like mod's work. And assign a new nr's serie that is out of the rance of nr's used by osi.

Dont ask me how the nr's are stored in the beta server so i'm gambeling on what it may be like.

Example:
/data/weapens.txt
/mod/weapens.txt
/mod/anim.mul
/mod/anime.idx

So lets say i add a weapon animation & a weapon pix. Assign it Fx001 (making a nr up).

So the server first reads its standart files, and then starts reading its mod files. And lets say the Krioss client does the same thing. First the normale nr's/items, then the mod nr's/items.

Isent this a lot cleaner to do then always editing in the UO files themself. This way people dont need to patch & patch there files. Also no problems when OSI add's a new graphic and it overrids your own added graphics in the original UO file...

Ofcourse support will be limited to Krioss client only sinds the OSi client wont read those nr's (no real reason for people to use the osi client any more, exept those that want UO3D grahics)...

Good idear? Bad idear?