RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MultiUO patch for ML clients in 6 or 8 bytes

xenoglyph

Sorceror
MultiUO patch for ML clients in 6 or 8 bytes

Simple Ultima Multi Patcher is a search and replace patcher which performs multiuo patch for all ML 2d clients.
Might work for some older clients, should work for future clients.
C# source is included, UO Machine will be using same technique.

I won't be updating this at all.

(Requires .Net framework 2.0 or newer)

Attachments

• SUMP.rar
    18.2 KB · Views: 58
looks like he is saying it is a base for like UOG or CUO to patch files into memory instead of actualy patching the files to the directory

Jeff

Lord
Lord_Greywolf;806379 said:
looks like he is saying it is a base for like UOG or CUO to patch files into memory instead of actualy patching the files to the directory

No its just so you can open multiple sessions of UO at the same time. The bad thing is it actually re-writes the file, which is illegal, vs. what CUO, Razor and UOG did was modify the memory.

well until razor stops working (or cuo gets fixed) I will not be switching from razor, it works :)
(CUO does to for local server though, just more pain of setting it up :rolleyes: )

xenoglyph

Sorceror
it patches clients so you can open more than one. this version doesn't patch in memory, it just spits out a new copy of the file, but my in-memory code works using the same signatures.
it's mostly meant as a how-to, since I couldn't find any information on how to do it or tools that currently work. Ya_muU! was around for a while and worked for many clients, but was a very complicated patch iirc.
I spent a couple hours tracing the function calls manually for both newer and older (ML) clients.

and I'm no lawyer, but I doubt that even under the DMCA have I done anything illegal. and tbh your logic is completely flawed. if it's illegal to create a modified copy of the binary, the illegal part would be the modification itself, hence in-memory modification would be just as illegal.