RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My RunUO Mono Experience

okaygo

Wanderer
My RunUO Mono Experience

This post will be my recordings of setting up a RunUO server on Unix, getting everything working. This is not complete, and does not guarantee a working server or a successful one.

The first thing I did when creating my server was to create a user account in which my server would run under.

Code:
useradd -s /bin/bash runuo -m -G users runuo
passwd runuo

Now that you have created a user, switch to it, and go to your home directory.

Then since RunUO requires a copy of the game client files, I made a directory for those too.

Code:
mkdir ultima

Here is a list of the files that need to be moved into the directory:
Code:
map0.mul
map1.mul
map2.mul
map3.mul
map4.mul
mapdif0.mul
mapdif1.mul
mapdif2.mul
mapdifl0.mul
mapdifl1.mul
mapdifl2.mul
multi.idx
multi.mul
stadif0.mul
stadif1.mul
stadif2.mul
stadifi0.mul
stadifi1.mul
stadifi2.mul
stadifl0.mul
stadifl1.mul
stadifl2.mul
staidx0.mul
staidx1.mul
staidx2.mul
staidx3.mul
staidx4.mul
statics0.mul
statics1.mul
statics2.mul
statics3.mul
statics4.mul
tiledata.mul

The next thing I did was to create two new directories, one for sources, and one for the live server. I also have a server for development, and I will come back to that later.
Code:
mkdir sources server

So now that I have my sources folder, I need to get the latest RunUO off the SVN and compile it.

Code:
cd sources
svn co http://svn.runuo.com/repos/runuo/devel/ runuo

I am assuming you have mono installed and all the required dependencies, if you don't you'll have to wait till I get around to explaining how to properly set that up too. So now we have the source to RunUO and we should take the time to build the server ourself.

Code:
cd runuo
gmcs -out:runuo.exe -d:MONO -optimize+ -unsafe -recurse:Server/*.cs

If everything went correctly, you should have built your server binary.
Now copy everything back to your live server folder,
Code:
cp -r Data/ Scripts/ runuo.exe ../../server/

Now you need to edit the datapaths...

More to come. I know this isn't complete enough to get a server working, but I have to do some things, I'll come back to this.

K

KevinEvans

Ah, nice :p I just installed Mono on Debian and i might try using RunUO on it xD