RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MySQL *shifty eyes*

snicker7

Sorceror
Courageous;700767 said:
Nice tip. Does MySQL support stored triggers, especially external ones? If so, one could do a variation of this where any mutation to VBulletin's account table invoked a trigger that turned around and sent a socket based message to the runuo server which in turn caused it to do the above described.

C//

No I don't think so, but it would be simple to add a hook in the vB php code to do the exact same thing. It's just a matter of choice, push or pull your data for the server accounts. Short of that is to just do away with accounts.xml flat files all together and share the same SQL database.

BTW C I miss you where are you =[

--w00t--

Wanderer
MySQL is something I plan to add eventually and retire the serialize system. But LOT of stuff would have to be rewritten. The idea is to still load the entire DB into memory, but when a change is made to something, it is updated using an update query, rather then saving everything at given intervals. so take a mobile for example, you have a structure something like this: int serial string name int map int x int y int z bool alive And so on, for stuff like spawners it would require 2 tables, 1 for the spawners themselves and one for the mobs, so something like: spawner: int serial int count (etc) mobiles: int spawnerserial int mobserial So to load spawners you'd do a join with the two tables. The hard part is divising a system to make it easy to code this and not actually need to do queries in the item scripts, you want all that stuff to be taken care of at the core to make it easy to add scripts. The beauty with this is the data would be much more stable and easy to manage. Ever try doing a backup while the world saves? Baaaaad. Learned that the hard way. :O

hollysong

Wanderer
For Website(forum) integration you can use ".NET REMOTING". I think this is the best solution for web integration. If you use an asp.net based forum it's very simple otherways you can write a webservice and connect your server via webservice.

But this is have a handicap : if your game server doesn't open; you can't do anything about gameserver(create account, change password etc.)

Sample Schema : Forum ---> WebService (via remoting) ---> GameServer

You can find a lot of articles and samples on MSDN and CodeProject.

A Cow

Sorceror
holy crap.. OLD THREAD..

anyways im back at it.. and.. now i can't get the webaccouting script to work for the life of me.. does anyone have any ideas or is anyone willing to give me a hand to get this to work?

Ive switched from VB to phpBB because honestly.. VB is just a bitch to mod..