RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help: Commands work outside, but not in caves.

Boubouz

Wanderer
Need help: Commands work outside, but not in caves.

Here is my problem:

Commands requiering a target like [add xxx, [tele or [props dont work when i'm in a cave ("in" the moutain) or a donjon (in a black area on the side of the map). The target promps and when i click there's just no result, the console doesnt print anything.
Everything works fine when i'm "outside", wich seems pretty weird to me cause from what i know, technicly there's no diffrence between "inside a cave" and "outside", but maybe i'm wrong on that one.

I cant see where the problem is coming from, realy not a clue. I'll try to give as much details on my config as i can, maybe somone can help:

---------------------------------------------
Ubuntu 9.04 jaunty
Mono 2.0.1
RunUO SVN313 for mono

Using a custom map (base map n°4, tokuno), and i made many changes in the scripts, but they compile fine.
RunUO uses a custom directory for the following uo data files (datapath.cs):
Map4.mul, Staidx4.mul, Statics4.mul, Multi.mul, Multi.idx, Tiledata.mul, Verdata.mul
The server runs with the above files, i added the following trying to solve my problem but nothing happened:
Client.exe, Stadifl0.mul, Stadifi0.mul, Stadif0.mul, radarcol.mul, palette.mul, texmap.mul, mapdifl0.mul, mapdifi0.mul, mapdif0.mul

I'm 100% sure server and client run with the same files
I already had and fixed a libz.dll error that crashed the server on the [add comand (adding a RunUO.exe.config file to RunUO)
-------------------------------------------

Here it is, i'm totaly lost on that one. Thanks for your help.

Lichtblitz

Sorceror
Is the server using equal map and static files to the ones your client uses? If the server can't find the static item you clicked on in its files it will show exactly the behavior you described.

Did you for example unfreeze parts of the map without copying the new files over the ones in your client? If you're really 100% sure then this might be a weird issue...

Boubouz

Wanderer
I'm using client 5.0.8.3

The client and server maps (and all other uo data files) are the same. 100% sure.

I'll add to the previous "symptoms" that i used to run a similar server (same map and script changes) under windows, and everything worked fine.