RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Max Client Version that works with RUNUO & PlayUO

browsebot

Wanderer
Need Max Client Version that works with RUNUO & PlayUO

Hello all.

I've installed Mondain's Legacy, RUNUO and PlayUO (Krrios Client).

If I do not patch Mondain's Legacy, I get an "Invalid Client Version" from the server.

If I fully patch Mondain's Legacy, then the character freezes and nothing works upon entering the game.

My question is, what is the absolute max client version that I should use in order to work "normally" with RUNUO and PlayUO? I read a thread saying not to fully patch the client, so I need to know at what version to cease patching.

I have all versions of .Net Framework installed, and am running WinXP SP3.

browsebot

Wanderer

Tarn Blackhail

Sorceror
Hope this helps (shot in the dark)

That depends on what version the server is patched to...

For example, my server is patched up to 7.0.1.0...
im pretty sure i could safely connect at 7.0.0.0, but my play-client is also patched to 7.0.1.0.

SO, in conclusion;
Contact your server's admin's and what not, find out what patch they're at, and follow suit.

Jeff

Lord
SVN RunUO works with the latest client, PlayUO will only work with something less then 7.0.9.0 afaik

browsebot

Wanderer
Jeff;868382 said:
SVN RunUO works with the latest client, PlayUO will only work with something less then 7.0.9.0 afaik

I'm using the compiled SVN (32-bit / WinXP) from 10 October (Revision 126) at this RUNO SVN site: Downloads - runuomondains - Project Hosting on Google Code

If I use a fresh unpatched install of the Mondain's Legacy client (4.0.11c (Patch 0)), the game runs fine with no freezes, but I can't use all of the game content because of the unpatched client.

If I fully patch the Mondain's Legacy client to Patch 80, the character freezes upon logging in.

Because of the freezes with a fully patched client, I am assuming I need to use a client that is patched, but patched somewhere below Patch 80 to stop the game freezes.

Does anyone know what patch version is needed to stop the freezes? Using Google, I've read numerous posts that state not to patch the Mondain's Legacy client past 5.0.9.1.

This is a single-player server, so basically I am the owner/admin.

If there is a later SVN version than Revision 126 or 127 that will fully work with the Mondain's Legacy client Patch 80, can someone please provide a download link for a compiled SVN with all exe's and dll's?

rondelin

Sorceror
This is what I tried

browsebot;868818 said:
I'm using the compiled SVN (32-bit / WinXP) from 10 October (Revision 126) at this RUNO SVN site: Downloads - runuomondains - Project Hosting on Google Code

If I use a fresh unpatched install of the Mondain's Legacy client (4.0.11c (Patch 0)), the game runs fine with no freezes, but I can't use all of the game content because of the unpatched client.

If I fully patch the Mondain's Legacy client to Patch 80, the character freezes upon logging in.

Because of the freezes with a fully patched client, I am assuming I need to use a client that is patched, but patched somewhere below Patch 80 to stop the game freezes.

Does anyone know what patch version is needed to stop the freezes? Using Google, I've read numerous posts that state not to patch the Mondain's Legacy client past 5.0.9.1.

If there is a later SVN version than Revision 126 or 127 that will fully work with the Mondain's Legacy client Patch 80, can someone please provide a download link for a compiled SVN with all exe's and dll's?

The latest RunUo with Mondains doesn't work with "High Seas Beta Client" which is 7.0.8.45 but it does work with SA Client 7.0.8.2 I also tried 7.0.9.0 and beyond which also causes you to freeze.
The latest SVN [575-589] does work but you would have to do several edits
-Add Mondains content
-Add Neruns Distro
-Add Xml Spawner2
From what Ive read and understand it doesn't seem worth the effort as any new content seems to be unresolved. I can't seem to even find the new graphics with Uo Fiddler none of the multis can be read.
Revision 126 with SA Client 7.0.8.2 is the best bet ATM
RunUO SVN 572 with Mondian's Legacy SVN 53 included runuomondains - Project Hosting on Google Code

Hope this was helpful
RedBeard

Jeff

Lord
browsebot;868818 said:

We do not support the google code project, RunUO has gone back into full swing to support ML, SA and HS, so chances are all your edits using that google project will be obsolete...

browsebot

Wanderer
rondelin;868880 said:
The latest RunUo with Mondains doesn't work with "High Seas Beta Client" which is 7.0.8.45 but it does work with SA Client 7.0.8.2 I also tried 7.0.9.0 and beyond which also causes you to freeze.

Revision 126 with SA Client 7.0.8.2 is the best bet ATM

RunUO SVN 572 with Mondian's Legacy SVN 53 included runuomondains - Project Hosting on Google Code

Thanks so much for the information.

Can you please provide the name of the read-only "dummy file" I need to put in the patch folder to ensure the client only patches up to version 7.0.8.2?

I know that 7.0.8.2 was the last Stygian Abyss patch, and that patches 7.0.8.45 through 7.0.10.3 are High Seas patches, but I want to make sure I have the dummy file name exactly right so I don't wind up having to reinstall and do it over due to misnaming the dummy file.

Can I still use the ML client and just patch it to 7.0.8.2, or do I need to specifically download an SA client?

Thanks again.

rondelin

Sorceror
Can I still use the ML client and just patch it to 7.0.8.2, or do I need to specifically download an SA client?
[What I do know]
I have run ML and patched up to SA and it seems to work fine, The newer client download merely would save you extra patch time. (to answer your question)

[What I don't know]
Biggest issue Ive encountered may be from my SA edits but can also be the client version---being the 'Water Tiles' and launching boats near shore or right off docks. Seems like you can't launch a boat in shallow water! So if you were to launch a boat off Moonglow docks, the boat would have to be launched some 5-6 tiles away or more from the dock also making navigation near land difficult. Deep water is clearly visible in contrast to shallow water but this still promotes some issues. This is also an interest in "High Seas Adventures" for me since I would like to see it addressed. I know there is a Sea Market in HS Client way out in deep water and changes to boat launch and docking as well just don't know if this is purposely intended. No one likes dock hogs and jettisoned craft so I can see that point, otherwise I'm not sure why this is. Can't recall if 7.0.8.0 gave these results as well.
{this issue might be clearly my fault in some way so I'm not trying to discourage anyone}

But if anyone does determine this issue is a result of the Client Version please post.

RedBeard