RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

need some help with server

Redwolf850

Wanderer
I am trying to run my own test server on windows.
I have runuo (2.3)
I am running Neruns distro for npcs.
I cant figure out how to get the town ppl there (IE banks, other venders)
I have other NPC there and some spawn.
But every there NPCs are naked, and I log in my char ends up naked also.
wondering what code line or another script I am missing???
pls help

tindo

Sorceror
Do you want to argue, or solve the problem?

RunUO 2.3 only works up to client 7.0.33. You will need to get RunUO 2.4 from this location - https://github.com/runuo/runuo

Try to remember that everyone here helps for free and you will get more help with less attitude.

Redwolf850

Wanderer
ok tindo, sorry about my comment.. but i got that from github, there is no runuo.exe its labeled as runuo.exe.config its a xml file... not a real exe and suggestions?

tindo

Sorceror
Ok, on that site there is an area that will give you the source code and another area that will give you the releases. You probably grabbed the source code. Go to this page - https://github.com/runuo/runuo/releases and you should see RunUO 2.4 (should be the second release down from the top). Make sure you grab the .zip file and not the ones that say source code. When you download and unzip that file, it should have the runuo.exe already compiled in it. There will be 3 of them. One is for .NET version 2, another is for .NET version 4, and another is for MONO (linux). You probably have .NET 4.0 since you already have razor.

Make sure you right click on the exe and run as administrator.

tindo

Sorceror
Ive had several occasions where I've had errors as a result of the exe not being able to access the client files without admin permissions. Its never happened to you?

Soteric

Knight
It's happened when client files were installed to Program Files folder. Other than that there were no issues with file access. Okay, I understand your reason now.

tindo

Sorceror
Ah, that could be why. At any given time I have 4 versions of the client on my computer, lol

Not to mention, RunUO 2.3, 2.4, and SVN. Also ServUO and two other built servers ;)