RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need some Vista Support

MoreBeer

Sorceror
Need some Vista Support

howdy- ive been tryin to get UO up and running up on my new machine-

i read up and wana thank mordero's post about how to change the IPv6 conversion.

can be found here : http://www.runuo.com/forums/faq-forum/80923-getting-runuo-2-0-work-vista.html

for awhile i had it working.. but when i changed the ip address from 127.0.0.1
to mine now it crash's every time.. even if i change the ip back to home..

Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 2.0, Build 2667.14548
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.0.6000.0
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.312
Time: 4/21/2007 9:32:54 AM
Mobiles: 2419
Items: 99879
Clients:
- Count: 0

Exception:
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A socket operation encountered a dead network
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket..ctor(AddressFamily addressFamily, SocketType socketType, ProtocolType protocolType)
at Server.Network.Listener.Bind(IPAddress ip, Int32 port)
at Server.Network.Listener..ctor(Int32 port)
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

any ideas how to fix? thanks morebeer

MoreBeer

Sorceror
Malaperth;676129 said:
Well, that error seems to mean that your computer does not think it has internet access at the time.

ok thanks.. i tryed dropping a new server.exe in .. and prompts me for firewall access... its up and running again.. but only on 127.0.0.1

Malaperth

Wanderer
Well, I don't see why you would put the loopback address in serverlist.cs at all, so I'm a bit confused there, but if you cannot connect when you have a 'real' IP address in your serverlist.cs, that usually means you either have the IP wrong, or you have a router or firewall that needs to be configured correctly.

MoreBeer

Sorceror
this was first time i ever had to mess with the core- and while testing it seemed to be the simple way to get things up and running-

its been while sence ive even tinkerd with UO- so im a bit rusty-

thanks again for the tip.. made sence once someone put it in perspective-