RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nerun's Distro

nerun

Sorceror
Nerun's Distro

Summary:
Nerun's Distro is a distribution for RunUO v1.0.0, centered in the settlement of the game. And it uses the already known spawners system Premium Spawner. The advantage is that this distro is easy to use and it already includes spawns for Trammel, Felucca, Ilshenar, Malas and Tokuno (100% spawned world. Support for Mondain's Legacy in development.), dungeon treasure chests and Samurai Empire support. Tutorials include. This version is no more supported, for support, download both RunUO 2.0 and v5.0.0 or above.

Changes 4.1.4:
- Smart P.R.S. command minor fix;
- PremiumSpawner Gump minor changes;
- include 4.1.3 changes;

PS.: the new mobiles are not very good scripted, they are not 100% OSI like, maybe nor 50%, but that's a beginning, and i hope you help me with this issue. Spawns maps for new dungeons are not OSI like too.

Installation:
1) Unzip "Nerun's Distro v4.1.4".
2) After it, you will see two folders: "Data" and "Scripts". And 4 files: a tutorial (EN-US and PT-BR), an image (bmp) with the spawns areas and a change log.
3) Cut "Data" and "Scripts" folders.
4) Go to "c:\RunUO 1.0.0\" (RunUO root directory) and paste them, Windows Explorer will ask if you wish overwrite, click "yes to all".
5) Delete:
C:\...\RunUO 1.0\Scripts\Items\Construction\Doors\Doors.cs
C:\...\RunUO 1.0\Scripts\Items\Construction\Doors\BaseDoor.cs
C:\...\RunUO 1.0\Scripts\Items\Construction\Doors\HouseDoor.cs
C:\...\RunUO 1.0\Scripts\Multis\HouseFoundation.cs
C:\...\RunUO 1.0\Scripts\Engines\AI\Creature\Paragon.cs
C:\...\RunUO 1.0\Scripts\Items\SkillItems\Misc\Bandage.cs
C:\...\RunUO 1.0\Scripts\Skills\AnimalLore.cs
C:\...\RunUO 1.0\Scripts\Accounting\Account.cs
C:\...\RunUO 1.0\Scripts\Misc\MapDefinitions.cs

Usage:
FROM SCRATCH (FRESH INSTALL RECOMMENDED):
1) Start Main Spawner System: [spawner.
2) Select Clear All Facets in Edition Options, click OK.
3) Select Create World Gump in World Creation Options, select all, click OK.
4) In SPAWN OPTIONS, select spawn Trammel/Felucca, then Ilshenar, Malas, Tokuno and Mondain, de-select the map spawns you do not want to use, click OK.

IF NOT FRESH INSTALL:
1) First of all, if you did your own spawns with RunUO before install this distro, you can use Conversion Utility to convert RunUO spawners to Premium Spawners system. But it is not needed.
2) Remove the vendors spawned by default in RunUO (cause this distro will spawn new vendors, in the right locations).
3) follow steps 3 to 4 in "Fresh Install".

PS.: for more command options read Tutorial.

Benchmark of current release:
- Athlon XP 2400+, 512 Mb RAM
- 8,451 spawners (all facets, including Mondain's Legacy);
- world just with spawners, no decorations, doors, signs etc.
- spawn the world, save, restart, then check memory usage from [admin information panel.

v4.1.4 (Smart P.R.S. enable)
- 0.2 seconds save time;
- 2.7 Mb saves folder size;
- 47.8 Mb memory usage;

v4.1.4 (Smart P.R.S. disable)
- 3.0 seconds save time;
- 19.4 Mb saves folder size;
- 109.7 Mb memory usage;

Thanks to:
They are so many the people that I need to thank. And for so many things, that I don't know through where to begin.
- Atomic, for Ultimate Spawner creation. System starting from which Premium Spawner and my Distro developed. And for tell me how to fix SpawnEditor.cs;
- David, for the awesome Spawner2.cs with SpawnRange property (to which I added SpawnID property);
- Matador Doidao, Requiem and ultimaIX (aka Yrenwick Dragon), for authorize the addition of his spawns;
- L0rdDarkScythe, for authorize the addition of SE Mobiles in my distro;
- JadeFist and Walmart, for a hard work contribution;
- Lagoth, Whooper7777, zero1872001, Viky, Barbarian, Vidi, Vini, GoldDraco13, Tyran, Darknat, Erica and mr_wuss for found some bugs (and some times, fixed it).
- Greystar and WanderingRage for help people in the use of this Distro, in this thread.

Know Bugs / FAQ / Solutions:
* SmartPRS do not despawn some PremiumSpawners - Erica's issue
* Everything works, but Ilshenar not spawn - Larden's issue
* It can't find the .map files 1 - tanelornpete / WanderingRage issue
* It can't find the .map files 2 - Death Helper / Greystar issue
* Uninstalling Nerun's Distro - seanandre / Greystar / Nerun issue
* Spawners not spawn! - Ajax2000 issue

Links:
* RoninGT's Doom Stealeable Artifacts System - a nice script, no doubts, works fine. Support for Tokuno rares too.
* Nerun's Static Exporter - a script to save statics inside a bounding box to a decoration .cfg file, very usefull.
* XGuardian's OSI Books - the pack is in the Archive, but it's a good work.
* New Mine for Minoc - this add a new mine at Minoc mining camp.
* Britain Bank Custom Decoration - beautifull decoration for Britain Bank.
* Wheat Sheaves and Ear of Corn for Harvest System - additions for David's Harvest System v1.4.
* Endicott's Almost every ML Item - ML items, mobiles, armors etc

Attachments

• Nerun's Distro v4.1.4.zip
    355.3 KB · Views: 4,943

Zorah

Wanderer
Spawning error

First I just wanted to say "thanks" nerun for all your hard work. When I try to spawn any of the facets I get a message that they couldn't be spawned because they are missing .map(s). For an example, when I try to spawn Malas I get a message that maps cannot be found:

north.map
orcforts.map
south.map
doom.map
vendors.map

I looked in my data/monsters/malas file and found all of these so I don't understand why it is telling me they couldn't be found. The same goes for the other facets.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

LordDark462

Wanderer
Uh. I just used your script and i have WAY too many vendors. What is the command to remove all the vendor spawners so i can re spawn them.

tchoc069

Wanderer
slight ? when i unzip the data folder i get a file cabinet that says data with a bunch of files in it. do i paste the whole cabinet in my data folder or what ?

dabus

Wanderer
Nerun, I love your spawners just having one problem. When I downloaded the data.zip, there was only a data.cab file contained in the .zip file, but unable to extract the .cab file receiving error: "Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.", I have over 20 GBs of free disk space so I know this is not the problem. How do I get the maps to install in the correct places?

Mr.rak

Wanderer
Thks

Thks Nerun.
Vlw kra... nao aguentava mais os otros sistemas de spawner... hahaha... o seu eh o melhor... ;)
Bom tabalho!! Espero que continue assim.. heheh

Vlw, abraços, Mr.rak

dabus

Wanderer
I have searched everywhere but could not find anything to match the error I'm receiving, I have tried the extract command but get the same error. Even tried to extract the data.cab file on my other PC and encountered the same error. Both machines are using Windows XP Service Pack 2. I was able to extract other .cab files w/ no problem.

ChaosSally

Sorceror
One Thing

My wife and I used this on a New ( Clean) Shard, after we spawned the shard, we tryed the Spawn Editor command, and it showed no PremiumSpawners, it says 0 PremiumSpawners. And also we cannot add manually add PremiumSpawners, it says " this item is not constructable".
What are we doing wrong or did we forgot to read something ?, thanks for the help.
:D :D :D

giric

Sorceror
Having trouble extracting the Data.cab file? go download WinRar. even the eval version will unzip .cab files...