RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

.NET Framework 4 and Mono

voicer

Sorceror
how do I compile RunUO Server with .NET Framework 4.0 under Linux/Debian? I tried simply changing the usual compile command by adding -d:Framework_4_0 but I get:

./Main.cs(32,24): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `Tasks' does not exist in the namespace `System.Threading'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

I know this should be included and probably I do not have .NET 4.0 features in my Mono.

I used the command:
mono-csc -out:../RunUO.exe -d:MONO -d:Framework_4_0 -optimize+ -unsafe -r:System,System.Configuration.Install,System.Data,System.Drawing,System.EnterpriseServices,System.Management,System.Security,System.ServiceProcess,System.Web,System.Web.Services,System.Windows.Forms,System.Xml -nowarn:219 -recurse:*.cs

and mono --version gives:
Mono JIT compiler version 2.6.7 (Debian 2.6.7-4~bpo50+2)
Copyright (C) 2002-2010 Novell, Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
TLS: __thread
GC: Included Boehm (with typed GC and Parallel Mark)
SIGSEGV: altstack
Notifications: epoll
Architecture: amd64
Disabled: none
What is missing here?

voicer

Sorceror
update:

I've upgraded my Mono to 2.10.8 version... and still have the same error, using mcs this time.

Code:
/opt/mono-2.10/bin/mcs -out:../RunUO.exe -d:MONO -d:Framework_4_0 -optimize+ -unsafe -r:System,System.Configuration.Install,System.Data,System.Drawing,System.EnterpriseServices,System.Management,System.Security,System.ServiceProcess,System.Web,System.Web.Services,System.Windows.Forms,System.Xml -nowarn:219 -recurse:*.cs
./Main.cs(32,24): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `Tasks' does not exist in the namespace `System.Threading'. Are you missing an assembly reference?
./World.cs(285,37): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Tuple' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
./Persistence/DynamicSaveStrategy.cs(28,24): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `Tasks' does not exist in the namespace `System.Threading'. Are you missing an assembly reference?
./Persistence/DynamicSaveStrategy.cs(50,25): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `BlockingCollection' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
./Persistence/DynamicSaveStrategy.cs(51,25): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `BlockingCollection' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
./Persistence/DynamicSaveStrategy.cs(52,25): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `BlockingCollection' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
./Persistence/DynamicSaveStrategy.cs(93,25): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Task' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
./Persistence/DynamicSaveStrategy.cs(118,25): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Task' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
./Persistence/DynamicSaveStrategy.cs(163,25): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Task' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
./Persistence/DynamicSaveStrategy.cs(201,25): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Task' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
Compilation failed: 10 error(s), 0 warnings