RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Event Idea

Caliban-hybrid

Wanderer
Hi Guys,

I've got some game development experience and was wondering if I made new maps for CTF if they could be included?

I also have an idea, this is based on a PVP quest idea I had some time ago, just a synopsis for now.

Defend the Caravan
-----------------------
- two teams
- one attacking
- one defending
- caravan must travel from point A -> B
- caravan consists of the defending players, 10 pack-horses full of items/gold
- caravan is lead by NPCs
- defenders must stop the attackers from killing the horses
- attackers must kill all the pack horses and steal the loot

Caliban-hybrid

Wanderer
I just read the cargo boat thread in suggestions and was thinking this idea might be better implemented as an npc caravan. You could take quests to defend it or to attack it. Caravans would run daily from major cities.

Caliban-hybrid

Wanderer
Hi Jeff, I was hoping to make some custom ctf maps for gm run events. Is this something that the shard admins would consider if they are properly made and tested?

Jeff

Lord
Making maps isnt somehting you can just hand out, it requires knowledge of installation and patch deployment by the shard owner... Having said that, there is nothing stopping you from doing it.

Caliban-hybrid

Wanderer
Thanks for the info, I figured it might require some kind of patching to deploy. I'm running a local server to test the map with CTF before I make any promises.

Can you tell me who is the admin of the Hybrid shard?

if you r lookin 4 new event ideas i was just reading arguments about bounties being brought back and came up with an idea that could work for a special event - have a randomize rp event or quest like brit or del bank being robbed or something-event being controlled by gm where gm or a certain person of choice gets a bounty and a contest ensues to be the first person to take the bounty -quest could be regular quest where u have a npc on the run and you have to track down the npc through ways setup to find the npc and have the npc then based like a monster and u have to spend time trying to kill it making sure the whole quest for the bounty isnt easy
or u could have a quest/event where someone signs up to be on bounty and is set to have to stay within a certain boundary and has to spend x amount of time in area to win prize and when this person is put on bounty and put in certain boundary area the entire shard is notified that there is bounty for said person so anyone can go hunt this person down for bounty so either someone receives the bounty or the man with bounty wins for lasting x amount of time in bounty zone could have prize base on x-amount of participants the more the participants the bigger the prize could also make it so when in closer proximity of the character on bounty the easier it is to spot him or something to set him apart from bounty hunters and also during the quest/event have it where the person on bounty has time cap on hiding and invisibility so only a certain percent of his time he can hide making him use his hide and run time wisely just an idea for new dont know if it would work

Hi Guys,

I've got some game development experience and was wondering if I made new maps for CTF if they could be included?

I also have an idea, this is based on a PVP quest idea I had some time ago, just a synopsis for now.

Defend the Caravan
-----------------------
- two teams
- one attacking
- one defending
- caravan must travel from point A -> B
- caravan consists of the defending players, 10 pack-horses full of items/gold
- caravan is lead by NPCs
- defenders must stop the attackers from killing the horses
- attackers must kill all the pack horses and steal the loot
Hey i like this idea a lot i think more things like this should be done on a daily basis i suggested an idea almost identical to this several months ago