3. jeffcarley

jeffcarley Sorceror

sure, log in to UO Evolution teamspeak

TS Login Info:
    evoteamspeak.ts.nfoservers.com
  4. jeffcarley

jeffcarley Sorceror

5. MadeInQuebec

MadeInQuebec Convicted: Serving life sentence of forum cleaning Staff Member

Dear Jeff,

While I don't have an actual problem with people using RunUO's base as part of their new project, i.e. ServUO, and then upgrade it and update it as their own, I have an issue with your current project.

I browsed your forums (for 39 seconds before it went down), and I'm a bit disturbed that you plaster the RunUO brand all over. Something, somewhere, on your website should make it clear, that you are not a RunUO endorsed location, that you are not it's original creator.

Even tho the original creator has relinquished this project, I don't believe it's correct to steal the project and the name, and to make a copy cat domain that will evidently cause possible new users to be confuse about where it's from? Where's the original site?

Even if Ford automobile would go bankrupt, and the company is no longer existent, would it make sense for me to restard the Ford brand, use the same logo, and everything?

You have to understand the concept of intellectual property, which no matter the circumstances, @Ryan should be the only one with the right to use it's name, and logo's.

Please consider making your website more obvious, that you are a support to the original creation, and not it's original creator.

Whether if it's legal or not, that's not really my concern, but I think that out of respect for Ryan and the other project designer, this is the least that should be respected.
    lowvyr likes this.
  6. jeffcarley

jeffcarley Sorceror

Yes I agree, there are several people involved with the new archives and I will bring this point up asap to make it clear that it is not an official project of the original RunUO, but just an archive in case the original goes offline or closes