RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new shard

I would like to make it perfectly clear that I am Doc's side in all of this nonsense. I am Doc's friend and I am loyal to him. I am not working on this shard, I am not playing on this shard, I am not associating with anyone on this shard any longer. The only reason I ever logged on to UORev was to help Doc out and to have a place to PVP. There was no other reason. After this I will no longer defend myself on this subject. Believe and say what you want.

Misha

Hammerhand

Knight
It never ceases to amaze me how some people can take a game server meant for ALL to enjoy & try to turn it into a money making scheme for themselves. Wheres the love of the game? Donations for help with hosting costs is one thing, but donations just because you want money? Go get a damn job! Offering a server to someone when it isnt yours to give is stealing, plain & simple. If you want to create drama, go write a soap opera. Leave it out of the forums & the game. The Ultima emulator is for enjoyment, not profit. Period.. *gets off soapbox*

pskarren

Sorceror
For some reason I feel compelled to reply to this drama. I usually only have 1 or 2 hours a day to help on a shard (since I usually put in 12 hour days at work). I had known for a long time that doc wanted to start a shard again so I offered to get server for him. I have known doc for many years so I didn’t mind helping him out. So he launches shard I am pretty much in back ground trying to help players out etc and test stuff. One player relentless asked to donate every day. After about a week of him asking I said I help him out if he paid the server cost for the month which was 30 dollars I help him with his skills and give him some decent armor. So he donated the 30 dollars (the server is 29.95 a month so I made 5 cents) doc went off the deep end accusing me of trying to get rich off his work more or less. Where I come from 30 dollars wouldn’t pay for dinner maybe doc lives in India or something idk. So I promptly refunded this person his money and locked doc out of server cause I don’t need this in my life. So yes I did accept a donation that I refunded and yes I helped him with getting a server. And yes I told him to get his data off the server cause I was goanna lock him out. Now doc has made other servers in the past which I am now being accused of why they went wrong, The average server life of one of doc servers is 29 days.
I am closing the shard now so that no one can enjoy docs work. I was goanna pay out of my own pocket to keep it going since it has some nice features. He has got the corrupt kyn to delist me. From joinuo. Even if doc makes a new shard it won’t be around 6 months from now he doesn’t like paying the bill I was willing to do that for him. I never expected a donation nor did I expect a donation to lead to this. I have my health to worry about not some 30 dollars.

That’s all I have to say goodbye runuo I going to try to host another type of game on my server.

pskarren

Sorceror
and the only reason why i beefed up this player cause he was exactly the kind of player a young shard needed he was a crafter was making rune library he probably run away and hide if another player attacked him. Now from the staff accounts that i saw they were beefed up and could one hit people easy.. I saw one staff player use her staff ability to hunt down blues in feluica then one hit them with her bow and say wow that was fun.. I said to myself shooting ducks in a barrel must also be fun then.

thats misha version of PVP

pooka01

Sorceror
This is why problems need to be talked about in staff meetings and such, must see priorities, ranks, and chain of orders.
You could have fixed that easily by restricting mortality on the staff members, or just monitoring passively what happens, askouts & reports etc.
I don't know you personally, probably you had different decisions and adaptations.

You took several donations and gave out extras to those people. We had agreed we wanted to be away from those type of shards, yet as soon as people started wanting to send you money, which is understandable for paying the server cost, you started handing out more to them. When confronted, you threw a fit and told me to get my shard off your server. I did. You then created a post to give out copies in revenge. I'm not going to sit here and badmouth and blab on about you like you're attempting to do. I quit that kind of crap when I came back. You made this post in revenge and it is pretty shitty. Plain and simple truth.

milva

Sorceror
I really try to stay out of stuff like this, but hopefully this is not true as it would be a sure fire way to kill a server fast :)
Now from the staff accounts that i saw they were beefed up and could one hit people easy.. I saw one staff player use her staff ability to hunt down blues in feluica then one hit them with her bow and say wow that was fun.. I said to myself shooting ducks in a barrel must also be fun then.-thats misha version of PVP
And now I'm out :)

If a staff member was doing that I'll deal with them too.. but my main issue WAS that he's offering my shard to everyone out of anger. He thrives on pissing people off,starting fights, and sending fucked up messages to people. I have better things to do now since I came back.

milva

Sorceror
"Agree!" what he is doing just is not right at all and pskarren I doubt any one would want this server under these condition's "bows out"

No staff including me was searching out players to pvp or pk. You are just trying to start more drama. Really can you please just stop all this nonsense? I mean yes we all play a game but there is no need to act like a child.

LFFPicard

Sorceror
After about a week of him asking I said I help him out if he paid the server cost for the month which was 30 dollars

Could not have been a very good server for $30 a month, but then again I have bene out the hosting game a while, but low end VPS for $30 is not ideal. I could probably host it better on my home PC.
Also, Kindly change your signature.

Anyway, Doc I feel for you, I have not had the same happen, but I have had work I spent a lot of time on for a shard be taken out of my hands.