RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEW UO Patches Repository

seanandre

Sorceror
NEW UO PATCH REPOSITORY

Hey Everyone!

I have set up a perminent FTP site for everyone to upload and download Ultima Online patches. I have done this as a public service for people looking to patch their old UO clients up and down as they see fit. If you have any patches that are not available, you are encouraged to upload them if you have them. And if there is anything in the folder that you need, your are welcome to download it. That's what it's there for. Our appreciation goes out to those who share their archived patches. Your willingness to share what you have helps out everyone here.

Here Is The Snag:

Unfortunately, at the moment, I am told that even though you can place these patches in your UO patch folder, when you run the patcher to patch your client, it will not do anything with the patch files until it is able to successfully connect to a patch server. We are working on a way to make it patch, so please be patient. For now, download and upload til your heart's content.

Here is the server info:

FTP Address: wftpradio.dyndns.org
Port: 50000
User: uopatches
Password: uouploader1

Thanks,
Sean

FingersMcSteal

Sorceror
Good idea, i'm having the same problem... my server used 5.0.9.1 but now i'm also stuck for patching.

If you do get any or all of the patch files i'm quite happy to host them 24/7 at the listuo.com site too.

shtoink

Sorceror
I have all patches from client series 4 to when the old patch server went down and mythics took over... however that isnt the issue. The problem is that the old clients will not even use these patch files (even if copied into the proper patch folder) until it can contact the old patch server. So they sit there in the patch folder useless. And the client refuses to patch with a msg that the patch server is unreachable...
if you have a way around this let me know, here are the archives http:// planetclayton.com/patches

Currently uploading for you Sean Andre

seanandre

Sorceror
Well dang it, I had no idea it wouldn't patch up. Oh well, the FTP is there for people anyway. I'll try and figure it out I guess. Thank you shtoink, greatly appreciated. Maybe it would patch up if a connection could be made to an actual patch server. Perhaps if somebody could provide the new patch server address that the newest clients connect to, maybe that might do it. We might be able to edit the config file so the client will connect to the newest patch server if we had it. There were 2 that I knew of, and I've tried both and they didn't connect when I edited the config file and tried them. Either their patch servers are blocking older clients, or they no longer exist.

shtoink

Sorceror
You have to use a version that uses mythics new patcher otherwise you are stuck with whatever older version you install.

I have saved installers from client version 4,5,6 saved if you need one, but they can all be found via google too

seanandre

Sorceror
Well I would only need these installers if they will patch my older client up to the version I want it at. Otherwise they're useless. Would any of these installers use the patch files in the repository and patch the old clients up?

seanandre

Sorceror
Well I was looking to only install client version 6.0.0.0, but I downloaded and installed the 6.0.1.10 installer from the largedownloads.ea.com FTP site and connected to our server and that seems to be working okay. No crashes or unwanted operation so far. I just hope in the future something can be done with the patches, like maybe somebody can create some sort of manual extraction program for them or something.

shtoink

Sorceror
i use client 6.0.1.10 with your repack for my kids here at home without any problems, save that I had to swap out for a new cliloc.enu in order to fix some missing cliloc msgs.

seanandre

Sorceror
I'm getting cliloc errors with certain items as well. Like when My kids and I do Champion Spawns, we receive rewards that give cliloc errors instead of names. Could you upload the cliloc.enu file you're using? And where am I supposed to put it anyway? In the game install folder? Cause maybe the one I have works I may just not have put it in the right place.

shtoink

Sorceror
Could be a client issue (incorrect registry setup for cliloc) or a server issue (missing entries in cliloc, or wrong revision).
For the first google it, as im poor at explaining. For the second, I tried to send it onto your ftp, although mine may or may not have some custom entries. But your server refused file transfer:

Response:227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,1,100,5,254)
Status:Server sent passive reply with unroutable address. Using server address instead.
Error: File transfer failed
Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

seanandre

Sorceror
Server may have been down. We're having some storms here. Nevermind, I'd rather not have a custom cliloc.enu. The name errors we're getting are not that bad, we've been getting them for years, and they haven't posed a problem, except that it gets annoying when we don't know what we've won because of the item name errors.

seanandre

Sorceror
It's working fine for me, I just attempted to log in right now and it let me in using the info I posted in the first message of this thread. You should know that the server is designed to NOT allow connections from anything other than an actual authentic FTP client. You cannot log into it from any command line program or link with FTP://. I only know this because I attempted to connect to it with Windows Explorer using ftp://uopatches:[email protected]:50000/ and it wouldn't onnect. So if you're having problems logging in, just make sure you're using an actual FTP client.

Desttro

Traveler
FTP works very well! Thank you! Is there any way how to patch my UO with these patches manually? I put correct patch to "patch" directory and run UOpatch.exe, but it want to connect to EA servers and download... but I want to apply local patch... thank you

clarissa

Sorceror
Well I was looking to only install client version 6.0.0.0, but I downloaded and installed the 6.0.1.10 installer from the largedownloads.ea.com FTP site and connected to our server and that seems to be working okay. No crashes or unwanted operation so far. I just hope in the future something can be done with the patches, like maybe somebody can create some sort of manual extraction program for them or something.

Ok I found a fix to be able to patch up sp hope this helps you all with yours. here is the fix I found and it does work and is simple to do.

YOU WILL NEED TO DO THIS IN ORDER TO PATCH TO YOUR CLIENT LEVEL TO PLAY.

If you are having problems patching, open the "vercfg.cfg" in the UO directory, and change the old server "compassion.owo.com" to the new one "patch.uo.eamythic.com"

In order to do this please follow this link. http://www.ehow.com/how_6113975_open-cfg.html

It tells you how to do this. It is a very simple process!!

Desttro

Traveler
Ok I found a fix to be able to patch up sp hope this helps you all with yours. here is the fix I found and it does work and is simple to do.

YOU WILL NEED TO DO THIS IN ORDER TO PATCH TO YOUR CLIENT LEVEL TO PLAY.

If you are having problems patching, open the "vercfg.cfg" in the UO directory, and change the old server "compassion.owo.com" to the new one "patch.uo.eamythic.com"

In order to do this please follow this link. http://www.ehow.com/how_6113975_open-cfg.html

It tells you how to do this. It is a very simple process!!

Not working,

here is my vercfg.cfg:
patch\
patch.uo.eamythic.com 8888
40% 80%
www.uo.com/uokrpatchlaunch41807/patcher.html

And here is log from UO Auto Patch:
Could not connect to patch server 107.23.228.67:8888
Could not connect to a patch server
Make sure you have an active connection to the Internet via an ISP or a direct connection.
Your client may not be the most recent version.
You may be able to play the game with your current client.
Check http://www.uo.com/ for help on resolving patching issues.
Click OK to play the game or Cancel to abort.

seanandre

Sorceror
Yeah, it did the same thing to me too. I'm guessing that the new patch servers are blocking the older clients from connecting, which is REALLY stupid on their part. I don't know why they're doing that. Like I said in the first post in this thread. The patches are there to download, now we just have to figure out a way to make use of them. And if anybody has any more patches whenever they come out with new ones, feel free to upload them. I'm not sure if 7.0.9.1 is really the latest. But then I don't play the pay servers, so I don't know.