RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie Player Tutorials Quests Scripts?

Safera

Page
As I understand it, OSI has a Gwen NPC in Haven to help Newbie players learn how to play the game.

Does anyone have any scripts or script recommendations for new player tutorials for in-game?

Links or downloads in this thread would help. Or, other suggestions on how you have helped new players learn the game would be useful.

So far, I have only moved the Brigand camps from Nerun's Premium Spawner into their own area and added an XMLspawner to start those quests. They don't really show new players how to play; however. But they do require new-player grouping. (Does anyone have any gumps to help with this or other tasks for new players?)

I also added a library and have started writing books for display in the library, as well as locating those books in key areas...for instance, near the mine in Haven, I added a book explaining how to mine. I am including that cbook.cs here and would appreciate any submissions with regards to new player help/faq here. Thanks.

(in order to add the book type [add cbookMiningJournal)

Attachments

• CBookMiningJournal.cs
    11 KB · Views: 77

Safera

Page
Added a few more books (to add them just do [add filename)
(last book uploaded on: 2/12/12)

also, if u r in game and trying to add a book and can't remember which u have loaded, if u do [add cbook, it will show you all possible books to add.

Attachments

• CBookAnatomy.cs
    5.1 KB · Views: 52
  • CBookAnimalTaming.cs
    18.5 KB · Views: 51
  • CBookNPCCommands.cs
    12.6 KB · Views: 47
  • VerbalCommands.cs
    9.9 KB · Views: 49
wow this is a handy set up and a great submission if i can think of any thing i would also like to help out.

AlphaDragon

Sorceror
Was looking for Gwen script but found nothing on it. Was looking at a few videos and found some information on Gwen. Here is a link of a decent video that shows what Gwen Does for the most part. Trying to figure out how I would configure or setup the system. Seems it may take a lot of different points and checks ect. Not to sure where to start when it comes to checking the movement and checks of items in bag ect. If you watch the video you may understand what I meen when you grab from the box ect.

Video Link of Gwen:
Gwen starts showing at 0:23 of the video.

Decided to make a gump of Gwen or as close as I can think of just as a start.
I am using 7.0.12.0 so I am not the most up to date on the graphics end.
To see the gump in game you can call it by: [gwen
Atached is the script and an immage of the gump.
Not much but its a start.
If this intrudes on yours, I be happy to start a new thread reguarding this. Just thought would assist you also.;)

Attachments

• Gwen.jpg
    Gwen.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 99
  • GwenGump.cs
    1.8 KB · Views: 37

Vaul

Traveler
I like the idea of a newbie helper. It would be nice to have a few of them help players out learning a few basics then send them off to other areas of Haven to learn about their trade.

Safera

Page
Milva, that would be great, if u don't mind sharing?

Maybe someone will edit and repost for different types of armor even.

Thanks! I think this is starting to become a nice resource for newbie tutorials & quests. :)