RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One of my players needs his password but doesn't want it changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espio

Wanderer
One of my players needs his password but doesn't want it changed

One of my players needs his password but doesn't want it changed, He had forgotten it, I was wondering If anyone knew Where i could possibly get a password decrypter or something like a list or so to view the players actual password so i can send it to him

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
Espio said:
One of my players needs his password but doesn't want it changed, He had forgotten it, I was wondering If anyone knew Where i could possibly get a password decrypter or something like a list or so to view the players actual password so i can send it to him

Were not going to help you decrypt a MD5 protect password.

Plus it would take a good amount of time, with any method you found, hours and maybe days if it wasn't a secure password. Just change the pasword, tell him he has no choice, he is just a player why are you allowing him to tell you what to do?

Sleepy Char

Sorceror
I agree with Sean. Passwords are encrypted with MD5, it's a one-way algorithm. That means it's not possible to get his password back without cracking your own server. It would be so much easier to change the user's password to something new, tell him what it is, and tell him to get lost if he doesn't like it.

daat99

Staff member
Espio said:
If he must have his original password than tell him to remember his original password and use it.
This thread sounds like a hacking attempt because it makes no sense, I'm locking this thread for that.

Espio I suggest that you won't ask this again in this forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.