RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Open source XNA Ultima Online client

LordHogFred

Knight
Just checked on the progress that's been made.
This is going to be excellent, I've been waiting for a decent client alternative to properly get going. Iris is good but hasn't been any real progress for quite a while now, looking forward to being able to use this client :D. Will have a play with the current revision tomorrow I think.

Poplicola

Sorceror
I hope you enjoy it! It's not usable as a primary client yet - far from it - but it's getting closer almost every day.

I have a running list of updates that I need to make to the client before it could replace the legacy uo client at this link: [What UXNA needs before it is ...]

That's a couple hundred hours worth of work; double it for bug fixing. :)

StaticZ

Sorceror
I download this client from svn and tried to run it, but it always crashes after running client or connecting to server. What versiob of servers and client i must to have?

P.S. One bad think that i noticed - client use mul fonts, for example to write version in login menu, but this work corect only in english os. If OS isn't english the data returned in national language.

Iomega0318

Sorceror
Does anyone have a compiled exe of the latest version?
This seems really interesting and I would love to play around with it but I don't know how to compile it and can't seem to get it to work with my C# 2008..

Jeff

Lord
Iomega0318;833411 said:
Does anyone have a compiled exe of the latest version?
This seems really interesting and I would love to play around with it but I don't know how to compile it and can't seem to get it to work with my C# 2008..

You cannot use C# 2008 Express. you have to use Visual Studio 2008 pro, or above.

Iomega0318

Sorceror
Jeff;833414 said:
You cannot use C# 2008 Express. you have to use Visual Studio 2008 pro, or above.
Bah.. that would explain it.. I have that disc somewhere.. now I have to find it :p
In the meatine can you upload a compiled version? Or are you gonna make me install it and do it myself lol..

Jeff

Lord
Iomega0318;833415 said:
Bah.. that would explain it.. I have that disc somewhere.. now I have to find it :p
In the meatine can you upload a compiled version? Or are you gonna make me install it and do it myself lol..

I'm going to make you install it ;) As I remember, there are some paths (like UO installation path) that may be hard coded right now. So uploading you a compiled version would be pointless.

Iomega0318

Sorceror
Jeff;833448 said:
I'm going to make you install it ;) As I remember, there are some paths (like UO installation path) that may be hard coded right now. So uploading you a compiled version would be pointless.
bah! I knew you would lol.. I found my disc now I just have to install it :rolleyes:

richardo

Wanderer
cant compile

I'm using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition Version 9.0.21022.8 RTM
Microsoft .NET Framework Version 3.5 SP1
Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable 3.1
I got this message and couldn't fix it
"The project file '..UltimaXNA.csproj' cannot be opened.
This project type is not supported by this installation."

Jeff

Lord
Should work :/ Do you have any express versions installed? If so, it could be trying to open in those, otherwise not sure.

richardo

Wanderer
I have just installed Microsoft Visual C# 2010 Express, same error. No other express versions installed. Are there anything i got to install other than the xna and .net? Thank you.

Jeff

Lord
richardo;836367 said:
I have just installed Microsoft Visual C# 2010 Express, same error. No other express versions installed. Are there anything i got to install other than the xna and .net? Thank you.

XNA doesnt work with 2010. This project requires VS 2008 Pro or better, and XNA 3.1

dipwar

Sorceror
hi all

first i want to say thank for sharing this great job.

and second sharing my experience :)

i get UndeadTwo.zip and it work fine (if not consider problem with verdata.mul, new clients doesn't have it)

when i checkout svn trunk from http://code.google.com/p/ultimaxna/,i stuck with CLR crush on login screen

------------------------------------------
.NET Runtime version 2.0.50727.4005 - Fatal Execution Engine Error (7A097AB6) (80131506)

Faulting application ultimaxna.exe, version 0.2.3846.669, stamp 4c3b878a, faulting module mscorwks.dll, version 2.0.50727.4005, stamp 49794d25, debug? 0, fault address 0x001327b2.
------------------------------------------

after some hours of research i find cause of this

problem in

// Version information
AddGumpling(new TextLabelAscii(this, 0, 183, 421, hue, 9, Utility.VersionString));

Version v = System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().GetName().Version;
DateTime d = new DateTime(v.Build * TimeSpan.TicksPerDay).AddYears(1999).AddDays(-1);
_versionString = string.Format("UltimaXNA PreAlpha v{0}.{1} ({2})", v.Major, v.Minor, String.Format("{0:MMMM d, yyyy}", d));

for me _versionString = "UltimaXNA PreAlpha v0.2 (июля 13, 2010)"

after that ASCIIText generate texture for this localized string and because no valid ASCIIFont for this chars, something bad going to generated texture :)

Attachments

• versionString.png
    versionString.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 60
  • date.png
    date.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 45

Poplicola

Sorceror
Hey dipwar, thanks for taking the time to hunt down this error. :)

You will probably want to download the latest version, which has more features and bugfixes than the .zip attachment to this forum thread. You can download the latest version using your favorite SVN client by visiting ultimaxna - Project Hosting on Google Code.

I'm not actively developing this project right now - if you would like to submit a fix to the bug you found, send me a PM with your email account (I think it has to be a gmail account though) and I'll add you to the roster of UltimaXNA developers.

Julia_

Wanderer
Diverging mobiles views

Hi, first of all I want to say thanks to those who developed this great opensource client! I hardly find the time to post in the forum since work takes a lot of time, but this project really is something!
I tested it and I was surprised to see how well it worked. To compare it with the official one I started both and entered the game, then I placed my mobiles in the same location, with the command "go[x y z", and here I saw something strange: I noticed that my players saw each other in different ways. Just imagine that my players are A and B, and I move A around. Quite instantly their respective perceptions start diverging. Since I never tried 2 instances of the official client in this way I tried them to see if this thing was happening again, but no. I took time to read the older posts to see if there is something similar, but I didn't noticed anything. I thought the problem could manifest itself due to the incomplete ability of the client to process all packets the server send, but this is only a guessing. I would like to try debugging it, anyway if anyone has an idea of what could be the cause, I would appreciate their suggestions, so I could limit the number of hypothesis. thanks.

Poplicola

Sorceror
I noticed that my players saw each other in different ways. Just imagine that my players are A and B, and I move A around. Quite instantly their respective perceptions start diverging.

Hi Julia, I addressed this bug just this afternoon.