RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OSI Fully Spawned World: now in Beta Phase One.

psz

Administrator
The fact I have fully spawned Ilsh and Malas, as well as Tram/Fel Dungeons and Towns ;->

Revan

Sorceror
This just in:
I, Revan, will soon get broadband.
This.. makes me not cry tears of blood anymore, but tears of joy.
The OCP will, like i said, be finished 2004.

sux2bme

Wanderer
I am interested in starting up a RC0 shard on my broadband. I have 608 up and 5.0 down which is plenty for a test server.

I would be willing to host your fully spawned world for testing if you don't find anyone else with a 24/7 connection. This connection of mine is at work and is 24/7/365 up.

The only time it is ever used is during the mornings and then only to browse the web.

you can e-mail me at mfields @ yahoo . com

When it is ready for release I want to take over and run it for my own private shard.

lemme know.

Revan

Sorceror
raffy said:
Open beta? :D
That'd just lead(leed?) to people using it in their own worlds
and OCP looks for perfection (EXTREME perfection)

sux2bme: Depends on if my connection will be good enough..

psz

Administrator
Nope. Not finished. Probably won't be for awhile, at least.

As I said in the other thread, most likely people will see it.

Do you reacon a fully spawned OSI cloned worldfile would come included with a future release of run uo?

I've seen some "sort of third party" scripts that were so good and essential that they became part of run uo (or at least I think I have). And Runuo currently has all the vendors fully spawned. So do you think it would? (It would make starting a full OSI clone server, at least on your local machine, scarily easy to make! :D which i think is good).

Revan

Sorceror
Nah, that won't happen.
Besides, the RunUO crew already has most of the essential decorations in..
And, too easy to make a world = too many newbies making crappy worlds
And we've all seen the uogateway shard list, right?

Ringwraith

Wanderer
And there was much rejoicing!

Ah this will truly be a glorious thing once it's done. Since I didn't know much about RunUO when I downloaded it, I foolishly thought that it was an entirely populated OSI World. I think the first indicator that I got that this wasn't the case was when I saw how small the download was.*chuckle*

Well regardless, this will be very nice to finally see and use. I for one have neither the time nor the inclination to populate an entire world for my, and my immediate friend's amusements. Now if I was back in College or HS and had virtually nothing to do, well then it'd be a different story. :p So to have one all done for me is a blessing. :) Then if I want to twist it for my own evil dark ends, well I can do that also. :p Thanks again for all the hard work from everyone involved, looking forward to seeing what all your hard labor has created.

Ringwraith

HammyH

Wanderer
I am extremely excited. Ive been having a few problems with my spawns and its taking ages. Does it have an ETA? Thanks

- Hammy

Revan

Sorceror
HammyH said:
I am extremely excited. Ive been having a few problems with my spawns and its taking ages. Does it have an ETA? Thanks

- Hammy

The ETA is at August this year.. (We have one years catching up to do so people will be allowed in to tell the GM's what's not fixed yet :) (but you could just play for fun if you want to and then complain when something isn't done and we'll instantly fix it))

sidsid

Sorceror
Revan said:
The ETA is at August this year.. (We have one years catching up to do so people will be allowed in to tell the GM's what's not fixed yet :) (but you could just play for fun if you want to and then complain when something isn't done and we'll instantly fix it))

ok my complaint is that it isnt completely done yet..

waiting..

WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR GUYS PROBLEMS, GET IT FRICKING FINISHED. NOW!

GEEZ I GUESS YOU HATE YOUR "CUSTOMERS"
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Revan

Sorceror
sidsid said:
ok my complaint is that it isnt completely done yet..

waiting..

WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR GUYS PROBLEMS, GET IT FRICKING FINISHED. NOW!

GEEZ I GUESS YOU HATE YOUR "CUSTOMERS"
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Yeah, i can totally see that..
But there is a reasonable explanation for it;
I HAVE NOT HAD A FRIGGIN CONNECTION (except 56k) IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!
And now, i'm finally getting one! I'm also getting a 10 week brake from school very soon which means i have ALOT of time on my hands.
I'll keep some site up where we'll update you on what has been done (you'll be amazed by how much can be done with enough training (And UO Thoong ;)))