RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OSI Fully Spawned World: now in Beta Phase One.

sidsid

Sorceror
Revan said:
Yeah, i can totally see that..
But there is a reasonable explanation for it;
I HAVE NOT HAD A FRIGGIN CONNECTION (except 56k) IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!
And now, i'm finally getting one! I'm also getting a 10 week brake from school very soon which means i have ALOT of time on my hands.
I'll keep some site up where we'll update you on what has been done (you'll be amazed by how much can be done with enough training (And UO Thoong ;)))

Living with 56k isnt living at all.... :(

sidsid

Sorceror
Revan said:
Thank you :)
I hope that's not what you have to live with.. i truly don't.
Coz i got broadband at 6:37 PM Today!

oc-12 at HQ just for our dept.

ds-3 in field offices

t-1 + Cable modem at home

=)

Revan

Sorceror
sidsid said:
oc-12 at HQ just for our dept.

ds-3 in field offices

t-1 + Cable modem at home

=)

Awesome :)
Well, i'm gonna see what i can do about putting up a server now..
See if it's possible with my rather unusual way of connecting.

Revan

Sorceror
I need a tester to see if the OCP Server works online..
My connection is a bit different from most others and i haven't really learned it fully yet.

Anybody willing? ;)

railz

Wanderer
I'm not exactly sure what I can do to help since I'ma relative newbie to UO and emulators, but I DO have a lot of time on my hands now so I'd be willing to help.

I'd love to run my own OSI clone shard (I'd probably pay for a 100Mbit host for it if it was popular) and I'd like to see this project completed.

scottmp10

Wanderer
hmm

Hey guys, personally I would like to see this thing done. I don't know how many spawns you have in but if you have britannia complete I would just like it like that so if thats the case I think it would be a good idea to release that now.

Revan

Sorceror
scottmp10 said:
Hey guys, personally I would like to see this thing done. I don't know how many spawns you have in but if you have britannia complete I would just like it like that so if thats the case I think it would be a good idea to release that now.

That is not the case, it needs major updating and i'm currently working on getting the server up.

Enigma-Thief

Wanderer
Revan sounds like you have some work ahead of you guys, if you would like some help spawning and decorating just drop me a line and I'll be glad to help. Best of luck to the crew.

Revan

Sorceror
Sad news:

I've just found out that i can't have a server of any kind with the connection i have..
This is a major setback because i can't really trust anyone with these files and i don't
have the money to pay for a server.

None of my friends (with a connection) are willing to set up a server because that'd take too much bandwidth.

Anybody got any suggestions?

[Addition:]I could ask moemakki to set up a server at his house..
Him i could definatly trust with these files.
If you people interested in these files would reply here and tell him to do that
we might get enough pressure on him to do it ;)

Enigma-Thief

Wanderer
Revan said:
Sad news:

I've just found out that i can't have a server of any kind with the connection i have.

The ISP's always say that and yet I run 2 web sites with 2 message boards, a uo shard test bed, and a turrent tracking server all from my network, and they still haven't done anything to me yet lol.

The 2 websites and message board have been going for almost 4 years strong in there currend bandwith workload, gotta love Adelphia Cable *eg* Best of luck with a host, I would offer but as you can see I have almost no bandwith left to spare on this current modems speed :(

prophit

Wanderer
Hey Revan,

How much more is left on the OSI shard? I am able to host if need be.. Im running a DSL line. Or is there anyway i can get the file and just finish up whats needed.. I have about 6 close friends who want to get a server going and they are willing to help. Thanks

Revan

Sorceror
BOOM!!
BANG!!
WANG!!
THWANG!!

I'm accepting hosting from trustworthy people atm.
Just PM me if you think you can host it.
The one that I think is the most trustworthy (probably the one with the best reputation)
will host :D

[addition:] The IP will be posted here so keep watching ;)
I guess the hoster could have a webpage up for updates etc (unless he's got anything against that)

Revan

Sorceror
Looks like thunder is in the clouds atm.. So I'll probably be offline a few days.
Don't expect a direct reply as you would before :)

Revan

Sorceror
bing bing bing!
The OSI Clone Project is up
Quantos is hosting
It's running very well and will keep on running 24/7 :D

<snip>

Go ahead, join and complain (page the gm's with info on what is inaccurate or not done yet) :)
If you'd like you could also start playing like normal

If you don't get a response to your page, please leave it on so that the next GM joining will be able to see it.

Please note that we are only fixing TRAMMEL atm, so that is only where you can go :cool:

Revan

Sorceror
ok, I know that's not allowed but.
I didn't really think about it since this is how we've done it all the time..
And wouldn't advertisement somehow benifit me?