RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OSI Style Treasure Hunting

Dreamseeker

Sorceror
*UPDATED [29th Dec 2012] 12:30pm*

===================== RECENT UPDATES =============================
* Had the wrong version of TreasureMapChest.cs in the new RunUO 2.2 .rar - The right one is in there now :confused: *
29/12/12
--------
* - A Random Item will now Disintergrate into a pile of dust on a failed lockpicking attempt >:D

* - Removed Tasty Treats from Chest Loot (Treat script is odd)

08/12/12
--------
*- Added Lvl 7 Diabolical Maps

*- Added Skeleton Keys & Master Skeleton Keys

*- Added Cold Drake, Frost Dragon and Renegade Changling

*- Decoded Maps will Reset Location after 30 Days if uncompleted
=================================================================
Note - There are 2 versions
- One for RunUO 2.2 (without ML + SA) = [ OSI TreasureHunting (RunUO 2.2).rar ]
- The other is for users with ML + SA = [ OSI TreasureHunting (ML + SA).rar ]

I made my Treasure Hunting much more like OSI's new 'Random' map system a while ago. Instead of having preset treasure map location, this generates a totally 'random' treasure location for all maps (Tram, Fel, Ilshenar, Tokuno, Malas and TerMur) and adds Imbuing ingredients to the Treasure loot.

You need the SA imbuing ingredient scripts and some of the SA creature scripts - However the script is easily modifiable to remove TerMur stuff.

(Didn't know if there was a script like this already but I can't see one)

Enjoy :p Any problems just let me know.
==================== INSTALLATION ================================

Replace/Merge the following files -

* - MapItem.cs ( Scripts\Items\Maps )
* - TreasureMap.cs ( Scripts\Items\Maps )
* - TreasureMapChest.cs ( Scripts\Items\Containers )
* - LockPick.cs ( Scripts\Items\Skill Items\Thief )

Place the other files in your custom script folder (anywhere in Scripts will do)
===================================================================

Attachments

• OSI TreasureHunting (ML + SA).rar
    29.5 KB · Views: 104
  • OSI TreasureHunting (RunUO 2.2).rar
    30.8 KB · Views: 64

KISOR

Sorceror
Hello Nice Script Idea, was wondering if you could answer a few questions to help me understand this new type, im reading the script now but does this still do the 1-6 like the old kind do with 6 highest with artifact? does 6 have the imbuing things too or just the 1st one?, also can a grubber pop up and steal the loot? is there a skeleton key with this? did you add Diabolically lvl 7?, also is it random map spots every time or is there a file i can copy the spots for and make a treasure map rune books with like the old ones?
sorry for so many questions just dont know how to get the [add treasuremap command to work to test it myself and find out & also got this error i took out the old 3 files and put new 3 files in

Code:
Errors:
+ Items/Containers/TreasureMapChest.cs:
    CS1501: Line 169: No overload for method 'RandomArmorOrShieldOrWeaponOrJewel
ry' takes '3' arguments
    CS1501: Line 171: No overload for method 'RandomArmorOrShieldOrWeapon' takes
'3' arguments
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Dreamseeker

Sorceror
Hey, the errors is a dumb mistake I've made.. I forgot, I modded my Loot.cs to add Gargoyle items when in Termur :oops: I'll sort that out immediately!

Map locations are completely random.. no more Rune Library I'm afraid (I miss those days lol) Any accessible land tile may be choosen by the Script. The [add command is used like this - [add TreasureMap lvl map - i.e [add TreasureMap 5 Ilshenar

It uses this bit of the TreasureMap.cs to generate a random spot in the appropriate map(Then checks it's ok)
Code:
if (t_map == Map.Trammel || t_map == Map.Trammel)
{
       tx = Utility.Random(4080) + 1;
       ty = Utility.Random(5100) + 1;
       tz = t_map.GetAverageZ(tx, ty);
}

*- No Grubber I'm afraid.. couldn't find the anim. I wanna put it in though if I find it. Also gonna add items disintergrating into powder when Lockpicking fails.

*- Skeleton key is on my 'To-Do' list.. currently it's not in this script.

*- Gonna code in the lvl 7 maps after posting this (and put in skeleton keys), and also fix the Loot error.. thx for letting me know Kisor, I shoulda spotted that :eek:

*- Level 2 upwards have the random Imbuing Ingredients in, I'm keeping to the Official Treasure Loot table as I can, same with the Guardian creature spawns
http://uo2.stratics.com/skill-guides/skills-and-professions/treasure-hunter/treasure-map-quests

KISOR

Sorceror
Thanks for the fix for it & the command info,
the randomly will make it little more interesting on hunting for the chest with no uoam pre marked spots or website with rune library,
Will be testing this in couple hours when i get some extra time but here is the a grubber Body = 270; for when your bored.

Dreamseeker

Sorceror
Hey all,

Just wanna let you know I've been hard at work today (yesterday.. earlier) on some more code/scripts to add to this System. However.. I need sleep, so I'll update the .rar when I wake up - Otherwise I'm bound to mess up and make little annoying mistakes :confused: So expect an update in about 8 hours (10am GMT)

*Done - Skeleton Keys & Master Skeleton Keys (Working as per OSI)
*Done - Lvl 7 Diabolical Maps
*Done - Cold Drake, Frost Dragon and Renegade Changling for Guardian spawns
*Done - Maps will reselect another Random Chest Location if not completed after 30 days (only after decoding)

*To do - Items disintergrating on Failed Lockpick attempts, leaving piles of dust
*To do - Coffin pieces for Lvl 7 Loot
*To do - Enraged Colossus & Dark Guardian mobiles
*To do - I've been working on Grubbers.. the behavior is tricky to code (What happened to the Vorpal Bunny AI?? I can't find it!)

:cool: Now I gotta sleep.. per-chance to dream ( of UO no doubt haha ) Laters.

Nockar

Sorceror
This all is a really awesome set of changed you have made! Thanks a tone!

I got it to compile fine. I added a map for map2.mul and db clicked it. Nothing opens up and the client freeze up. Any ideas why this may be?

KISOR

Sorceror
not sure on the Vorpal Bunny AI , but if your trying to make grubber fast idea might be to add it to the SpeedInfo.cs /* Very Fast */ part ,& or change the grubbers.cs to AIType.AI_Melee, FightMode.Closest, 10, 1, 0.05, 0.2 )
not sure if one or both of them would make it as fast as its so pose to be or what you was meaning i'm not sure how to get it to grab stuff out of the chest sorry i cant help much

Dreamseeker

Sorceror
This all is a really awesome set of changed you have made! Thanks a tone!

I got it to compile fine. I added a map for map2.mul and db clicked it. Nothing opens up and the client freeze up. Any ideas why this may be?
Not entirely sure, could be that the map bounds are different.. I could do a quick edit to remove the TerMur treasure maps if you need.

The problem with the Grubber is more the Behavior when spawning.. I've got it moving like greased lighting using the Wanderer.cs technique, but I want it to stop when it get just off screen, and then try to avoid the Player when hit. I'm fiddling with Timers at the moment, and OnDamage stuff ... I'll work it out at some point :oops:

The Update is uploaded, it might fix your problem Nockar.. lemme know via pm and I'll see what I can do.

rondelin

Sorceror
When I try to make a local map in trammel or felucca the gump is missing leaving only the header of the gump "plot course" so no graphic which renders cartography useless what happened to the gump [map graphic]

rondelin

Sorceror
Fix issue with MapItem also includes SA and HS edits

Maybe someone can get it to display player made maps on the other maps else it says map indecipherable, would be nice so you can plot courses and use the tiller man properly. Cartography is also missing the deco map you can make with several completed tmaps giving them a further use as well as a nice sellable for cartographers [osi style]

Attachments

• MapItem.cs
    11.1 KB · Views: 17

Dreamseeker

Sorceror
Thx Rondelin! :cool: I had no idea my edits to mapitem.cs conflicted with the original. I rarely use Crafted maps, hence the missed glitch.
I'll take a look and try to spot my mistake after I sleep.. might see if I can tackle the indecipherable map problem too.

Cartography is also missing the deco map you can make with several completed tmaps giving them a further use as well as a nice sellable for cartographers [osi style]
I saw this when researching on Stratics, shouldn't be too difficult to incorporate. Another item on the To-do list - Watch this space

Dreamseeker

Sorceror
I've edited the Player Crafted Maps so they work on all Facets. No more indecipherable maps and plotting courses should work with them (can't see why not)

All four player made map types will works as they always have on Tram and Fel -

Replace Localmap.cs, Citymap.cs, Seamap.cs, Worldmap.cs and also MapItem.cs

Edit out this part in CraftItem.cs

(Line 1206 -> 1210 approx)
Code:
else if (typeof(MapItem).IsAssignableFrom(ItemType) && from.Map != Map.Trammel && from.Map != Map.Felucca)
{
    item = new IndecipherableMap();
    from.SendLocalizedMessage(1070800); // The map you create becomes mysteriously indecipherable.
}

Attachments

• SFCartography.rar
    6.5 KB · Views: 15

rondelin

Sorceror
Nice... Its just awesome in general and makes for good reference and novelties as well.
Thanx for your work DreamSeeker

Obsidian Fire

Sorceror
Im sorry for this post but it seems the best place (Kinda) being that this is a Map related thread. I have a custom map (Ultima VI) and need to be able to make player made maps, but my problem is this. I have used the program Cartograph to make a new Multimap.rle and replaced the old one with the one I made. When in game and I generate a treasure map or have a player make maps I still get the stock maps. I was wondering if there is something Im missing? Im using Client 7.0.21.2 and SVN 964. Oh BTW the custom Multimap.rle show correctley in UOFiddler.

Dreamseeker

Sorceror
Im sorry for this post but it seems the best place (Kinda) being that this is a Map related thread. I have a custom map (Ultima VI) and need to be able to make player made maps, but my problem is this. I have used the program Cartograph to make a new Multimap.rle and replaced the old one with the one I made. When in game and I generate a treasure map or have a player make maps I still get the stock maps. I was wondering if there is something Im missing? Im using Client 7.0.21.2 and SVN 964. Oh BTW the custom Multimap.rle show correctley in UOFiddler.

Just took a look, seems that you may need to modify the Server script Map.cs so that it references your custom map.. meaning a re-compile, hope you know how (Proberbly are if you're making your own maps) Not sure which bit, you'd have to edit.. but it looks like this part

Code:
        public static Map[] Maps { get { return m_Maps; } }

public static Map Felucca { get { return m_Maps[0]; } }
        public static Map Trammel { get { return m_Maps[1]; } }
        public static Map Ilshenar { get { return m_Maps[2]; } }
        public static Map Malas { get { return m_Maps[3]; } }
        public static Map Tokuno { get { return m_Maps[4]; } }
        public static Map TerMur { get { return m_Maps[5]; } }
        public static Map Internal { get { return m_Maps[0x7F]; } }
I've never dealt with custom maps so I can't say for sure.

Dreamseeker

Sorceror
hey is this sfcartograpthy.rar the same one on the other post you made? i downloaded one of them forget which one now, and it lets me make maps right on other facets but the plot needles don't seem to work now, anyone else still having this trouble or is it something i done? il look at rondelin mapitem file n see if mine is missing something i left out or forgot.
*Edit just tryed rondelins mapitem with the other files from dreamseekers rar it did same thing never let me put pins on map so most be a mistake on my half
Yeah both files are 100% the same. I used Rondelins MapItem.cs, so you won't need to add that after adding the SF Cartography stuff.

I don't think the Treasure maps are supposed to be able to use pins for plotting courses, the SF Cartography stuff just deals with Player made maps :D

KISOR

Sorceror
Thanks tried both & still the pins on player made maps didn't work then realized it most be where i use old&new mapitem.cs files to still drop the old preset spot tram/fel maps & new random ones on them facets & drop the new maps on the other facets, & using the cart files to make maps on other facets,
So i changed my seachart & baseboat.cs & tillerman.cs to use the 2th mapitem.cs from your new facet maps and it worked.
Anyway Sorry about that, everything is working fine now.
*I FIXED MY PROBLEM WAS MY OWN EDITS CAUSING IT*