RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[OT] FLASHBACK!!!!! WOWSERS OLD PICS!

C

Chaos

[OT] FLASHBACK!!!!! WOWSERS OLD PICS!

Thats mad ownage back in '99

Heres the whole lot (mixed with some recent ownage pics)

www.legionsofchaos.com/uo

weee

Vale

Wanderer
Flare said:
I wish I took some screenies of my OSI days...

Heh, well i have a long ass movie in my head of all of my old OSI times :) I'll just be sitting down to breakfast, and I'll start tripping on flashbacks of UO! Heh, If you were to play for 4 years, it'd happen to you to ;)

But seriously... I think i would cry if I could watch my self playing the first day on Atlantic. I was so innocent, so curious, so eager to play! Everyone remembers that feeling when you logged off, that you were missing something and you counted down the seconds till you could get back on :twisted:

UO IS a great game, and my, hehe, video game life has changed because of it... 8)

I agree with Vale. UO is one of the best experiences of my life and by far the best gaming experience. I still fantasize about getting back into it some day... and it saddens me to no end to think of how I let my characters get purged.

All I want from RunUO is to be able to rebuild what I lost, and maybe even to remake UO into what I had imagined it would always be: an much more ecology and economy.

The good old days, as people call them.

I played for over three and half years. I loved every minute of it. I remember the first few months I had the game. I would stay up all night playing it........go to work the next day and in a daze from lack of sleep...then go home and do it all over again.

It was a great time. I know that I will never be able to return to that world though. I had a house, and a great mage char. I had several dex char's too over time. My mage was the only one I never deleted though.

Great friends and great times........that is what it is all about!

Kiwi

Knight
UO was so much more intense during the first few months

Hey I was a newbie and I grew up fine without trammel.. I don't know what those wussies are complaining about

I got PKed constantly and loved every minute of it

weird5707

Wanderer
yes u.o is one of the best games ive played but for you guys to say its the best experiences in your life then you need to get out more.

Dalius

Wanderer
their was once a PK-HQ movie by a guy (forget his name) Soul Something. it was a long flash movie, very well done. anyone else seen this?

weird5707 said:
yes u.o is one of the best games ive played but for you guys to say its the best experiences in your life then you need to get out more.

Nope, watching my son be born was the best expreience of my life.....my UO gaming ended shortly after!

I was also around before Tram, got Pked going from one town to another..made outside the city a lot more dangerous, and fun!

Escalus

Wanderer
You guys should see it. The biggest rares around the shard anymore are *prepatch* crafted items that still have the [exceptional] tag, and not the "an item crafted with exceptional quality" tag that it has now...

Its really funny. I remember when you could go to someones house, and see locked down fire fields, a bloody bandage, glass items, and all that good stuff, and know they where UO gods. Or if you saw a lord or someone on a nightmare, you knew they where someone not to fuck with.

Getting pk'd was the true meaning of newbie.

People LIVED for the message =
"The servers will be going down shortly" - My serious first AWESOME memory of UO was watching EVERYONE taking a side, either pk'ing or killing pk's in the britain graveyard.

The most feared place in UO was the area between Minoc and Vesper...

I remember getting stuck in 'Trammel' the first week it came out and paying 50k for a moonstone to get home. I didnt go back for 2 months haha

So many things I remember... We should all get together and write something about the old days. Show UO players today what UO really used to be, and not what it has evolved into.

Tz'arken

Wanderer
if i remember right the place between vesper and minoc was called the crossroads, well now its called the place where no one is, well to me that is, i mean you go into fel and what do you see nohing, osi really ruined uo when they added tram, and there gonna make it worst when they add malas, i mean come on now, is'nt one "happyland" enough?

i remember great lakes it was pretty cool lots of helpfull people on the roads from yew to britian and minoc. been saved many a time by people in there houses. I only played like 2 months but i got my magery up to 86 which was pretty good for me...

I remember going to shame with llike 10 summon deamon scrolls or 10 summon fireelemental scrolls and just owning :twisted: I would use one at a time to just go around and have them kill the earth ellys for like 300 gold each :p

G

Gainsay

To me atleast 5 of those bodys are the same. Bragging about res killing soemone over and over? Sounds fun =/

S

sp000n

Hey... what were you using that removed the house walls from your view?

Tim

Wanderer
Myself, I loved the game once. Much like a story, UO already had it's climax. (that'd be trinsic)

Since then, the game has gone into a hopeless decent. I don't think I'll ever see UO like I once did. I play Anarchy now...

In any case, my most memorable UO experience: http://uo.stratics.com/hunters/paladin.shtml

A quiet walk through the forest...
Added on 2002-11-22 by MazOfLS
I was strolling south of Trinsic on my way to the moongate one afternoon several years ago when I happened upon one of the strangest sights I had ever seen in Britannia.

For no reason, a starking white man with a sword attacked a fellow mage of mine. I ran over to aid him just as he was dismounting his Nightmare and ordered it to kill the paladin.

Low and behold, any other person would have fallen quickly, but this paladin must have had skills in magery and meditation far beyond that of any mortal, for he healed himself faster than we could harm him. In Vas Mani, over and over again, it was incredible. And the way he handled his sword was reckoning.

Soon we began to draw a crowd. For other mages were appearing from the line of trees across the clearing. We put all our effort into his demise and in the end were triumphant. It only required the strength of a Nightmare and the keen minds of 5 mages.

Now I fear we will never know who this paladin really was. It would be nice to one day see him again, and perhaps talk spells over a cup of tea.

Yeh, that's my comment, I decided to share my story a couple months back. This happened about 2 years ago.

B

Blueskull

Miss them too...

I read the posts here and I'm taken back there with you guys. hehe Yes, I was so new I remember selling shoes and other boots at the bank to players for some gold. The funny thing is, I actually sold them. The ppl must have taken pity on me. I would like to go back to those days, I've had my osi account for 5 years. I recently discontinued it but the chars are still there just waiting for me to log in again one day. Sadly to say, that day may not come....but, I'm enjoying this new perspective on UO for me, being a GM. I've helped on other player run shards but this is the first time I've had my own. I must say it's great to watch newbs run around exploring....except when they page my gms 15 times an hour. lol