RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other old shard owners... like me?

Dian

Sorceror
The entire map was drawn out by myself over the years, and the world building was done by my wife and I both. She had more hand in building/deco than I did. We had some help with building and deco here and there, for sure. I did not start this map with any one particular map or landmass in mind, rather, I just started drawing land shapes and kept expanding and detailing things to what you see.

So, that should give anyone interested a pretty good idea just what this map is really like. I know I use to be pretty protective over the map and my scripts. But as it is now, I really just want to see this world be enjoyed and used! So if you have some insight or interest, lets hear it!

Dian

Sorceror
We have been pretty busy with life, but with winter drawing closer, we spend more time with our shard as the weather gets worse. So I apologize to the few people that had contacted me, and never really got anywhere.

To recap, here is what we are looking for. This shard is very well developed, but still needs a lot of in game decorating such as spawn area deco, dungeon deco stuff here and there, and could use some more imaginative spawning done, as well as quest ideas and creation. There are plenty of areas around the world to create more new Fort like areas for example or whatever else that this map may be lacking. Its difficult at this point for me, as my imagination has been exhausted.

We (My wife and I) play on this shard as players together quite often, so much of the world is very playable. There are some things tweaked towards a solo game play that would need reversed, once any sort of player base came about.

So we are inviting some folks that would like to take a serious look inside our shard, and join us in further development.

We would be looking for the following;

World decorators
Spawn creators *XML Spawner experienced*
General staff member(s) once players are present
Help with advertising the shard for obtaining players, maybe even website creation
Players, if only just to test gameplay, spawn areas etc.
~Scripter~ We do not really need a scripter, but having experience or ability would be great.

We are wanting to share this shard with you, not just recruit help, as we are wanting to play as characters more than administrate, so in the end we would like to have some folks keeping things running and whatever else with the idea of having a decent, live server with a growing player base.

Again, this shard is very much based on a somewhat current ML style UO, but very customized. This shard is literally 10 years in the works, and much of it is exclusive to this shard. I can nearly say without a doubt, if you are interested in any way, this shard will not disappoint.