RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OWLTR and RunUO 2.3 CanFly merge problems

grimm92

Sorceror
im having troubles getting this to work on 2.3.

Attachments

• Capture2.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Capture.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 15

daat99

Staff member
im having troubles getting this to work on 2.3.

There is nothing in the OWLTR about "flying".
This issues are due to bad merge.
Unless you have stock RunUO version without modifications you need to merge the files and not just replace them.
Please restore your backups and merge the files manually using WinMerge or other file merging tool.

Hammerhand

Knight
The CanFly & GivesMLMinorArtifacts are both in those scripts in a stock 2.3. You must have over written or replaced the BaseCreature.cs Thats about the only way you could have generated those errors. OWLTR doesnt have them in the BaseCreature.cs

Hammerhand

Knight
This is the BaseCreature from OWLTR. I need to see your merged baseCreature from 2.3. This one hasnt been merged with anything.

grimm92

Sorceror
Thats the one i merged to 2.3, maybe I am doing something wrong here but I am using winmerge. Here is one from my server that is running but no OWLTR

Attachments

• BaseCreature.cs
    137.1 KB · Views: 6

Hammerhand

Knight
That one is the 2.3/Neruns Distro combo server. When you use winmerge & save the file, you get a merged file AND the original set as backup. You should be seeing both a BaseCreature.cs and a BaseCreature.cs.bak Remember to save the merge when you're done or it will just revert back to its original state.

grimm92

Sorceror
Alright, thank you very much sorry to be such a pain here been 2 years since i've been around scripting and run uo lol. Ill just redownload 2.3 from runuo home site and remerge it. Have a good night.

grimm92

Sorceror
Okay sorry to be such a pain lol but tried it again and no luck same errors. Is there a repack or anything I can just download insted of bothering everyone and trying to get this to work?

Hammerhand

Knight
No there isnt, at least none I've seen. Are you sure you are merging the BaseCreature.cs properly and then saving it? Like I said in a previous post on this, after merging & saving, you will have 2 files. The pic shows what you should be seeing when done correctly.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_05 Aug. 15 09.08.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 18

grimm92

Sorceror
Yup I open winmerge, open the modified folder then the file, open the file on my server, merge everything over, then save it.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 13

Hammerhand

Knight
Post your BaseVendor & another of the files you have merged. Doesnt matter which one, just one from 2.3 that you merged.