RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Packet sending/reciving

Shogun

Wanderer
Packet sending/reciving

Hey, i'v been searchin google for a while to find out how programs like Razor/UOA/etc send and recive packets from the client and i was just woundering if this is the DLL that allows them to do such things as this?

Thanks in advance,
Shogun :)

xir

Wanderer
Shogun said:
Hey, i'v been searchin google for a while to find out how programs like Razor/UOA/etc send and recive packets from the client and i was just woundering if this is the DLL that allows them to do such things as this?

Thanks in advance,
Shogun :)

Injection which is located at http://injection.sourceforge.net/ is an UOA clone and it is opensource. It demonstrates the procedure to intercept the communication between UO and the server on windows, which can then be used to manipulate the packet sequence. Getting the actual program to work is actually a bit of a hassle (although I haven't tried in a month or so.) The program is coded in C++ with MFC for the graphical interface. I also believe it has script support although never followed it that closely.

Another program that I have come across and has got little mention before is IRW which is located at http://necrotoolz.sourceforge.net/ . If you wish to alter the packet sequence without all the junk injection gives you then this is the program you should use. If you also just want to learn how the program works it is also opensource. Although it is programmed in ANSI C, the creator has done a very good job of creating clean interfaces. The Plugin API allows you to program any modifications you need to extend the program. There are numerous example plugins to work with to get a feel for it. I also believe since it is done in C you should be able to write your plugin across different programming languages although don't count my word for it.

If you are looking for a cross-platform solution I would suggest filtering through a local proxy. Although the solution will be slower than the previous it isn't too bad if the proxy is local to your own computer. (It is slower because it has to compress/decompress twice.) I got this type of setup working a couple of months ago just messing around and it doesn't work bad at all. I even got an IRC relay setup to and from the client + irc server.

Anyway I hope this is what you are looking for. If you want more on dll injection I can probably point you towards a few resources.

Good luck.

Zippy

Razor Creator
That kind of functionality is really pretty complicated, and for the most part there aren't a lot of sites that do a good detailed job of explaining how something like this could be done.

Especially not for UO. This is one of the main reasons razor is not open source and does not support "plug ins" because I feel providing easy access to the stream of information between the client and the server presents a major "cheating" problem for UO. (Ranging from simple "auto-looting" and "auto-comboing" to some potential new exploits).

Phantom

Knight
If he has to ask, he isn't going to be able to do it :)

Zippy has the right idea, say its hard then don't go into to much detail.

xir

Wanderer
Zippy said:
Especially not for UO. This is one of the main reasons razor is not open source and does not support "plug ins" because I feel providing easy access to the stream of information between the client and the server presents a major "cheating" problem for UO. (Ranging from simple "auto-looting" and "auto-comboing" to some potential new exploits).

At this stage the internals of UO are well documented and where there is a will there is a way. As for difficulty, the proxy solution I described above is far from difficult and can be whipped up pretty easily on any high-level language within a day. It is also compatable with any injection tools that one may use such as Razor. In the pvp player community automation gives a very unfair advantage and as such if you are a serious pvp/pk'er you will have the tools that gives you the best advantage or automation. EasyUO provides much of these "exploit" functionality in any case ("auto-looting", cure and such.) To my knowledge there are also "hacked" versions of Razor going around too. You'd be surprised how many people have these scripts/programs.
I just wanted to make my point that if someone wants to use un-ethical automation to gain an unfair advantage they will do so. For example, if you have ever participated in a quest on a shard where there is an end-boss with good loot, by the time you open the corpse to loot, all the loot is already gone due to the auto-looting. To balance this unfair advantage, it is only fair that everyone have such a script/program.