RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pandora's Box Mirror

Malaperth

Wanderer
You can have both 1.1 and 2.0 versions of .Net Framework installed, but, last I knew, Pandora's Box had not been rewritten to work with RunUO 2.0.

iZJokersWild

Wanderer
While I never had a real NEED to use Pandora's Box, it does make some things a bit easier. I would love to see a newer version of it out and/or something similiar to it. I mostly use it for moving around and some other quick "To Do" junk, but just made that sort of thing all the easier and faster.

But hey, that is just my 2 cents.

Dreadfull

Sorceror
my only problem is pandoras box doesn't see all mobiles that are actually in the server. Like the SE mobiles for instance.

Skinner1

Wanderer
So, if Pandora's won't work with RUNUO 2.0 what do we use? I am not able to get Pandora's or any of the associated programs to set-up due to the .NET version.

if you look through these threads here - there is mods you can use to have pandora work with 2.0 and the extended maps and other stuff

just have to search and read through them

actually you can run pandora with runuo 2.0... im doing it now.... you can have multiple versions of .net installed at the same time... have 1.0/1.1 installed for pandora and 2.0 installed for runuo itself the only difference between that is in using the prog itself, you can no longer add hair as objects, and theres no elf mobs.... thats the only reason to get updates for the box..

also the box server needs updating to work with 2.0
the extended maps need updating so pandora usws them also, lots of reasons to get the updates for pandoras

Lord_Greywolf;672460 said:
also the box server needs updating to work with 2.0
the extended maps need updating so pandora usws them also, lots of reasons to get the updates for pandoras
...I can tele to the ML lands without updating at all.... it builds off your own maps... why do think you can use customs with it

if you have not updated the map dll file, you can tele to it, but you will not see the maps in the "preview" window on pandora, or anything from your static file in that area, etc

the updated pandoras that some one released includes that stuff, but the origional pandora does not

same with the box server, it needs the update to work with 2.0 (either you modifying the script, or getting it all ready modded), so you can see your stuff in the npc, item & prop's tabs

but as i said, the updated one some one else released all ready had those in there, but the one from the origional site does not (Pandora's Box )

Lord_Greywolf;672608 said:
if you have not updated the map dll file, you can tele to it, but you will not see the maps in the "preview" window on pandora, or anything from your static file in that area, etc

the updated pandoras that some one released includes that stuff, but the origional pandora does not

same with the box server, it needs the update to work with 2.0 (either you modifying the script, or getting it all ready modded), so you can see your stuff in the npc, item & prop's tabs

but as i said, the updated one some one else released all ready had those in there, but the one from the origional site does not (Pandora's Box )

TMSTKSBK;543103 said:
See...I never used the Box Server anyway...

Neither have I...

Neither do most people I'd reckon.

I doubt he needs boxserver...

and as for the minimap, I see it fine.

I got a problem on XP; when I ran Pandora's Box for the very 1st time, it worked without a hitch. Now, I get the splash screen, it goes away, the nothing. Not a damn thing. The process is running, but I don't see the Box. Anyone else getting this or know how to remedy it? I'd love to use this tool again, its a damn good tool.

p46short

Sorceror
pandora's

I get this too... and when i try and download the original Pandora's box from Arya's site... its a TROJAN Virus!!! just formatted my machine!!! Any help would be much appreciated!

RadstaR

Sorceror
p46short;777599 said:
I get this too... and when i try and download the original Pandora's box from Arya's site... its a TROJAN Virus!!! just formatted my machine!!! Any help would be much appreciated!
Nice joke ;)

Djego

Wanderer
p46short;777599 said:

It's true, the original one has a trojan in it... I also had this experience...