RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pandora's Box Mirror

Hammerhand

Knight
It never HAS had a trojan. Its nothing more than a FALSE POSITIVE with some anti-virus programs. You actually re-formatted your harddrive for what you thought was a trojan? Next time, try getting a 2nd opinion before going to that extreme... such as using a different anti-viral. Or contacting the company that made yours and checking with them on it. They can usually come up with a fix for false positives, but only if they know about it.

Mandago

Wanderer
RavynousHunter;777318 said:
I got a problem on XP; when I ran Pandora's Box for the very 1st time, it worked without a hitch. Now, I get the splash screen, it goes away, the nothing. Not a damn thing. The process is running, but I don't see the Box. Anyone else getting this or know how to remedy it? I'd love to use this tool again, its a damn good tool.

I am having the same issue. My pc crashed and I got a new one. Re-installed .net and ran programs from external drives and all of a sudden pb won't work for me now. It opens up and then disappears and runs in the background.

Any idea's?

I've un-installed and re-installed the program a dozen times and still no luck.

Thank you for your help :)

make sure you have 1.1 & 2.0 .nets intalled
also make sure you have radacol.mul in your directory that you are pointing to for UO in pandoras options (default UO directory probably)
It is not there on installs that start at patch 5.6+ or something like that, and i believe one of the updates actualy removes it at one point

Mandago

Wanderer
Lord_Greywolf I have all of that and still no luck. Any other suggestions?

It's very weird, I've never experienced this before.

Thank you for your help :)

Hammerhand

Knight
stardust1mg;789490 said:
pandora's box virus check plz~! ^^

There IS no virus. Its nothing more than a False Positive from your anti-viral due to part of the Pandoras Box coding. This has been stated a number of times in this and other threads.

I have both versions installed and they load perfectly however they won't work inside my game. Is there something else i need to do to get the tool to actually do something in game ?

NorthwindsDaxe;802839 said:
I have both versions installed and they load perfectly however they won't work inside my game. Is there something else i need to do to get the tool to actually do something in game ?

considering all it does is send regular [ commands to your client window, there should be no problem.

are you sure your char is admin/gm?

ya, I have the "developer" status..I changed it to Admin and still nothing. I'm running Vista and usually that's my problem but I didn't see an option to run as admin.

I can't help you unless you give me more information, what are you trying to do, what happens when you try it, etc etc

I'm trying to use Pandora's Box on my server. It does nothing...when I click an option in Pandora's Box it does nothing at all in game. It's like the program is not making a connection with the UO server. I get no error messages or anything it just simply doesn't work.
Pandora's Box is just sitting there on top of the UO window.

pandora's box does not communicate with the server at all, it simply sends commands to your clients window. Everything that can be accomplished using pandora's box can be accomplished with regular commands, all pandora does is provide a gui interface so you dont have to type shit like "[tile itemid parameter1 parameter2 parameter3 parameter4 etc" etc

I'd make sure when you installed pandora that it fully recognized your uo installation directory.

Smjert

Sorceror
NorthwindsDaxe;802896 said:
I'm trying to use Pandora's Box on my server. It does nothing...when I click an option in Pandora's Box it does nothing at all in game. It's like the program is not making a connection with the UO server. I get no error messages or anything it just simply doesn't work.
Pandora's Box is just sitting there on top of the UO window.

have you tried with Pandora's Box 3.0.0.4?
If you try to use commands and pandora doesn't find the client it will warn you (and it will tell where to change client path).

Teagan

Sorceror
Well, 3.0 works, but for some unknown reason, the maps to Malas and Tokuno are gone.
My client is 6.0.1 and the server I'm assisting with setup is using OSI maps.