RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pathing post SVN 792

mumuboy

Sorceror
After the pathing changes in SVN 792 I am finding many vendors walking outside of their buildings and standing outside.

Spawners that have high ranges, like 100+ tiles are collecting around various barriers like trees, rocks, water, mountains.

I noticed this after the pathing change.

Anything can be done about this?

Eos

Administrator
Staff member
The SVN 792 changes should not have affected random NPC walking, only the paths they take when they "path find" to something, for example during combat. Try checking your NPC Home/RangeHome properties.

There should also be no reason for spawn to be drawn to obstacles. Depending on the location, though, it's possible that a spawner with a large range includes mostly invalid spawn locations (water, mountains, etc), which will make spawning on the exact spawner location much more likely.

mumuboy

Sorceror
Also I noticed issues with waypoints, specifically using Arya's Battle Chess. And pets/waypoint mobs will constantly walk back and forth between two tiles forever in certain situations.