RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PK Gang

x-ray

Wanderer
Crowley62 said:
Hmm me and my players loved this script but after i put it in if staff said [add the server crashed had to delete it too bad

Please, dont be so brief. Post the crash log here and tell me every action you make before crash (every commands, etc). I used this code for a long time and didn't notice any crash issue, are you sure your crash is related with the hkgang script ?

tbird

Sorceror
Crowley62 said:
Hmm me and my players loved this script but after i put it in if staff said [add the server crashed had to delete it too bad

I had the same problem, it was caused by one of the PK Gang Scripts durring a [rebuildcategorization when the rebuild was occuring when it hit this script it crashes the server, thus corrupting the objects.xml file (well actually not completing all of the closing tags for the xml). I have not had a chance to see which script causes the problem but removal of the PK Gang scripts and running [rebuildcategorization again will fix the [add crash you are getting.

... If I get a chance I will put it back in and see what script specificly is causing it.

... oh and here is a crash log.
Code:
Server Crash Report
===================

Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.0.2195.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.573
Time: 8/18/2004 11:05:30 AM
Mobiles: 48287
Items: 194046
Clients:
- Count: 1
+ 198.172.123.111: (account = bob) (mobile = 0x925 'T-Bird')

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.Engines.HunterKiller.HKGangSpawn.OnAfterDelete()
   at Server.Item.Delete()
   at Server.Custom.Categorization.RecurseExport(XmlTextWriter xml, CategoryEntry ce)
   at Server.Custom.Categorization.RecurseExport(XmlTextWriter xml, CategoryEntry ce)
   at Server.Custom.Categorization.Export(CategoryEntry ce, String fileName, String title)
   at Server.Custom.Categorization.RebuildCategorization_OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e)
   at Server.Commands.Handle(Mobile from, String text)
   at Server.Mobile.DoSpeech(String text, Int32[] keywords, MessageType type, Int32 hue)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.UnicodeSpeech(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

x-ray

Wanderer
Many scripts suffer from the [rebuildcategorization, but i even dont know my too.
Thanks for report. I will check this out and post fix.

x-ray

Wanderer
Demensha said:
Is there a way to make it

If you hand in the gang leaders head to a guard you get a reward (Gold, item etc)

Sure this can be done, but need to introduce some kind of permanent guards (wich is missed in default distro) or may be the head hunter-buyer ? :)

Venstar

Wanderer
you say to put it in the custom scripts folder, where is that :rolleyes: sorry im really a newb but i cant find it in the scripts folder?

x-ray

Wanderer
Venstar said:
you say to put it in the custom scripts folder, where is that :rolleyes: sorry im really a newb but i cant find it in the scripts folder?

at the root runuo folder you can find

\scripts\custom
if no custom folder in the scripts just create it :)

Venstar

Wanderer
x-ray said:
at the root runuo folder you can find

\scripts\custom
if no custom folder in the scripts just create it :)

ok thx, i figured it out, and i tested it...the script is awsome, i like the randomness and the war cry they do :p, now would it be easy for you to make a Anti pk gang :) just a suggestion but it would be cool if you made a file for the same exact thing as here but they will attack criminals (i.e. greys and reds). But other than that, you did a very good job and there are no problems with the script :D

ditmar

Wanderer
I noticed players can hide somewhere in the leaders range then the group will find the player but they will just walk around him and do nothing. Can you make them use the Detect hiding skill?

Thanks!

x-ray

Wanderer
Venstar said:
now would it be easy for you to make a Anti pk gang :) just a suggestion but it would be cool if you made a file for the same exact thing as here but they will attack criminals (i.e. greys and reds). But other than that, you did a very good job and there are no problems with the script :D

sounds good but there is one problem - free time :)

ditmar said:
I noticed players can hide somewhere in the leaders range then the group will find the player but they will just walk around him and do nothing. Can you make them use the Detect hiding skill?

Sure this can be done, but in my opinion this leave no chance for some newbye characters wich train this skill special for this.

H

hudel

has anybody installed this scriptpack on his/her Shard? Do it work properly now or is the server crash still there? :confused:

ratzerna

Sorceror
So far, it runs well on my server. Since X-ray isn't around anymore, I've got some ideas to tweak it to both Evil and Non-Evil (So PK's have something to do too).

Killamus

Knight
Didn't you people know? PK's where bone helmets and use hallys, and have 32 hue'd robes on, no footwear. They are also on ethereals, or normal mounts.