RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

players not attacking back?

juani

Wanderer
players not attacking back?

most of the time my players get atatcked and they wont defend themselves, they dont attack, they do parry the hits tho.

it doesnt matters if they are in warmode or not, this always happens.
any idea???

juani

Wanderer
no
just walking
monster attacks
(like a slime, not red) and they wont fight back...

maybe they diotn attack reds?

Kamron

Knight
I dont believe they will attack back unless it is red. You will have to test this, but I know that players dont normally auto-retaliate to (or auto-defend, however you want to think of it).

[mute]

Wanderer
When was the last time on OSI that players would autoretaliate? I havn't played osi since the original 'no expansions' version. Saved my butt plenty of times in those '(in?)convenient' disconnects.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
if something attacks a player, the player will fight back, however if another thing attacks the player while the player is fighting, that player will just sit there. This is actually a good thing as it keeps people from going to an orc camp, with a bandage macro and go to sleep then wake up a GM in swords, parry, Tacitcs anatomy and healing.

juani

Wanderer
uhm, can u explain a little more killer? i dodnt undertsund well, my players just walk by a slikme spawn, and the slime starts attacking them, and they wont defend themselves..

KillerBeeZ

Knight
juani said:
uhm, can u explain a little more killer? i dodnt undertsund well, my players just walk by a slikme spawn, and the slime starts attacking them, and they wont defend themselves..

the 1st slime that attacks them they will attack but the 2nd one will start hitting them while the 1st is attacking them and then when the 1st one is dead, the player will just sit there.

This is normal

If the 1st one that attacks them they do not attack, then it may be something in a custom script if you have them or it may be something that was changed. in either case you will need to find out what was changed.

The default "auto-retaliate" is how I explained it.

also...

Make sure the information you get from players is accurate, test it yourself and see if you can reproduce this, then you will have a better understanding of the problem if it is in fact a problem.

juani

Wanderer
many times seen that happen, i didnt know of the 2nd attacker thingie....

what delimits an attacker from the other? the first one death? tabbing?

that is, if a slime attacks a player, what is needed so the player will attack the 2nd slime that attacks him?

KillerBeeZ

Knight
juani said:
many times seen that happen, i didnt know of the 2nd attacker thingie....

what delimits an attacker from the other? the first one death? tabbing?

that is, if a slime attacks a player, what is needed so the player will attack the 2nd slime that attacks him?

I'm not really sure, it's something I've not messed with yet

Rykai

Wanderer
hit tab
drag out attacking monsters name tag.
double click or do wahtever to kill it.
i mean after all someone or something attacks me i either kill it or run.