RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PlayUO attempting to use incorrect UO data directory

Lennon

Wanderer
PlayUO attempting to use incorrect UO data directory

It seems to be defaulting to C:\Uo, but my uo files are in Program Files\Ultima Online. I have two separate uo installs, so I can't mess with this setup. Is there a way to set PlayUO to use the correct directory?

Lunarpancake

Sorceror
I had this issue too from installing from one of my UO cd's. Even if i pointed it to the correct dir. it would default back the next time i tried to run it.

Solved it by installing from a diff CD that installed UO to the directory playuo was looking for by default.

HellRazor

Knight
When you install UO, UO writes its installation path to the system registry and thats where it will always look for the client files, no matter where you run client.exe from.

If PlayUO works the way the normal client works, it is probably looking for the install path that was written to the registry last time you installed UO.