RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PlayUO makes me run slower

bballerjess

Wanderer
PlayUO makes me run slower

how can I fix this. If its supposed to be for pvp, I obviously can't be slower than everyone else. Please tell me, Ive tried playing with the client config options (making some of those things about movement true) and nothing has helped. I have smooth movement off (because I can barely beat people on foot when it is on), I play on UOgamers Hybrid, and I have a 4mb connection and average about 90 ping and my comp isnt the problem either...

S

stopthedrop

Going from the original uo client to krrios is a big change. You look as if you move slower but its just the client. If you run next to someone you'll notice you're the same speed. If not, it's because your computer can't handle the client (it takes far more resources than the osi client). But it probably isn't the latter. Just takes time to get used to it.

bballerjess

Wanderer
Well thats what I thought, but that isn't exactly correct. Everyone DOES look slower, but I AM slower. I literally was half as fast as everyone else. If this is due to the client being too bulky, it shouldn't affect me. I have an average ping of 90, 1Gig of PC3200 RAM and P4 with HT and my graphics card is plenty as well. I also have lots of space on my hard-drive and no other priograms running. No Spyware or viruses either. Recently defragged. These are all things that would be sources of lag, i understand that, but I don't really lag--my movement seems to be on a different timer from everyone else.

Thanks for your help though, but does anyone else have ANY suggestions, I'm dying here (literally).

bballerjess

Wanderer
no one else has any ideas? :( I've kinda given up on it. I guess I'll eagerly wait for the next version and hope things improve.

Marine_3038

Wanderer
Yeah mine runs realy slow too, hate to complain but we need a new version of 2.0 cause it has alot of issues from what ive seen

Dipset

Wanderer
Why are you guys running away anyways? :)

The only development I've seen on the PlayUO front has been by "underground" developers making plugins or editing PlayUO itself. Both of which are highly frowned upon, because of that they usually remain private, or only shared between other developers. It's a shame really, we've made some really cool stuff.

Dipset

Wanderer
They said they run slow so they must be running away from someone, you don't use PlayUO to go kill monsters.

bballerjess

Wanderer
To clear up the issue about running: During PVP it is often necessary to run. Whether your chasing some bum, or you are that bum being chased running is involved. Using playUO to do either of these (yes I have done both) with smoothwalk on sucks both ways (because u cant run away and you definately cant stay with someone), using it with smooth walk off is not near as bad, but people still run faster than me. This makes escapes still impossible (for me, not necessarily for you) and chasing people a disapointment. Me and my buddy on network even held races and he always won using the normal client (and Im the host computer). I'm not fighting monsters, and don't act like you've never tried to outrun anyone :p

bballerjess

Wanderer
Dipset said:
The only development I've seen on the PlayUO front has been by "underground" developers making plugins or editing PlayUO itself. Both of which are highly frowned upon, because of that they usually remain private, or only shared between other developers. It's a shame really, we've made some really cool stuff.

What? I don't think this really fits the conversation atm. I'm not talking anything about plugins, just basic usage of the client

Tannis

Knight
Marine_3038 said:
Yeah mine runs realy slow too, hate to complain but we need a new version of 2.0 cause it has alot of issues from what ive seen
Are you talking about the PlayUO client or about RunUO 2.0? Looks like you're talking about RunUO but this is the PlayUO forum.

bballerjess

Wanderer
This thread is about playUO making me slower. Not about RunUO 2.0, I understand where that confusion comes from. I don't think another version of RunUO 2.0 will help my problem. :p I did kill a red today in a 2v1 and hung with him pretty well, but the other blue guy could really fly. Maybe just a shitload of people Speedhack, any takes on that?

Tannis

Knight
bballerjess said:
This thread is about playUO making me slower. Not about RunUO 2.0, I understand where that confusion comes from. I don't think another version of RunUO 2.0 will help my problem. :p I did kill a red today in a 2v1 and hung with him pretty well, but the other blue guy could really fly. Maybe just a shitload of people Speedhack, any takes on that?
I know that you're talking about PlayUO but I think Marine was talking about RunUO 2.0. I really have nothing to contribute solution-wise though because I don't use PlayUO. Sorry.

Augustus

Wanderer
Lots of off topic crap...

I had the same problem and had no idea how to fix it. One day, it didn't happen anymore. I have no idea. Sometimes it still does it, and I just restart my computer.

Hate to ask a pretty obvious question, but have you tried rebooting?

bballerjess

Wanderer
Augustus said:
Lots of off topic crap...

I had the same problem and had no idea how to fix it. One day, it didn't happen anymore. I have no idea. Sometimes it still does it, and I just restart my computer.

Hate to ask a pretty obvious question, but have you tried rebooting?

So I've come to ths conclusion: run PlayUO a while, and your computer will crash a few times, tell you it has recovered from a serious problem, and then VIOLA! no more slowness. I can pretty much keep up with everyone (except those damn speedhackers) and I only ping 75-120. Also, PlayUO is MUCH better for lan-mulitclient UO. I had been running two systems off my 4mb connection and my buddy was always slower (had 8th step lag as I like to call it). Now we both use PlayUO and own mages with our alchy dexxors. No more running away from us or for us. haha.