RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PlayUO Open Beta on Sallos

Tribal

Wanderer
ne chance of getting a list of the . commands

so far all i know is

. usegate
. recall (name of rune)
. gate (name of rune)
. give recalls

Crynth

Sorceror
getting an error starting up while using the client from the ftp://largedownloads.ea.com site.

Code:
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:Program FilesEA GamesUltima Online 2D Clientdataultimamacrosmacros.xml'.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at PlayUO.Macros.LoadConfig()
   at PlayUO.Macros.FindCurrent()
   at PlayUO.Engine.MainA(String[] Args)
   at PlayUO.Engine.Main(String[] args)

The data folder is not in the UO install directory. for the hell of it I created the directory and xml file it was looking for, and it spit out this:

Code:
   System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
   at Sallos.XmlPersistanceReader.ReadDocument(PersistableObject root)
   at PlayUO.Macros.LoadConfig()
   at PlayUO.Macros.FindCurrent()
   at PlayUO.Engine.MainA(String[] Args)
   at PlayUO.Engine.Main(String[] args)

directx is all up to date, even installed the Direct X November SDK for the hell of it while troubleshooting. Any ideas?

**Resolved** working now while keeping sallos.exe and the data folder in C\Sallos, and copying the data folder (not moving, copying) to the UO install directory as well.

Freyd

Sorceror
Setharnas;727888 said:
Any chance of this particular aspect changing in the foreseeable future?

Or just allow to use that on other UOGamers shards (Demise and Divinity)

However, PlayUO allways make me happy. This release looks great. I hope we will see final version as soon as posible. Another great job Krioss!

EinKopf

Wanderer
hi all,

i getting an error if i start sallos.exe;

sallos has encountered an error and must close;

System.BadImageFormatException: Die Version 2.0 ist nicht kompatibel.
at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Boolean isStringized, Evidence assemblySecurity, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Boolean stringized, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)
at Sallos.Core.Startup(String[] args)
at Sallos.Core.Main(String[] args)

directx 9.0c, framework 2, full patched uo all done!

any ideas? i hope?!

thx

Crynth

Sorceror
why is the Hybrid account login info stored on a 3rd party server instead of in a config file on the computer that sallos is running on? who has access to this information? is my account info encrypted? for that matter, who runs sallos and administers their servers? I know the server hybrid is on is secured, are the same measures taken when storing the login info on this 3rd party server? What i'm getting at, is I have put forth over a thousand dollars supporting the runuo project over the last 3 years. That has been in the form of donations made under my personal hybrid account (about $200 there), and erroneous accounts i made just to donate to the runuo project while I was the administrator of another large UO server (about $1000 total). Did I just put my hybrid account at risk by installing and logging in to Sallos?

Is there a standalone version of the client available to those of us who do not wish to continue storing our Hybrid login information on Sallos servers?

Crynth;729894 said:
why is the Hybrid account login info stored on a 3rd party server instead of in a config file on the computer that sallos is running on? who has access to this information? is my account info encrypted? for that matter, who runs sallos and administers their servers? I know the server hybrid is on is secured, are the same measures taken when storing the login info on this 3rd party server? What i'm getting at, is I have put forth over a thousand dollars supporting the runuo project over the last 3 years. That has been in the form of donations made under my personal hybrid account (about $200 there), and erroneous accounts i made just to donate to the runuo project while I was the administrator of another large UO server (about $1000 total). Did I just put my hybrid account at risk by installing and logging in to Sallos?

Is there a standalone version of the client available to those of us who do not wish to continue storing our Hybrid login information on Sallos servers?

[e gasp '-'

Arterion

Wanderer
I've been following the development of this client for a long time. Now that's it's part of Sallos, does this mean that PlayUO can only be used on Hybrid? I've pondered taking on the task of making my own server for a while, and I've always been excited by the idea of using PlayUO as the primary client, eventually. Do these changes mean that would never be an option?

As a software developer myself, I surely understand why that might be the case, but does kindof crush my dreams. :-P

Seven

Sorceror
For only working on Hybrid... is that still the same? I was looking into downloading playuo again because the EA client on my computer (Vista Home Premium) flickers from time to time... :mad: ...I'm not sure if anyone else had this problem?

e714342

Wanderer
playUO beta 13 not work anymore?

i can connect with sallos but not using beta 13
is it not work for us anymore?

Hyru-hybrid

Wanderer
alambik;800133 said:
"PlayUO Open Beta on Sallos "

Hi, as it is "Open", where to get the source code?

Disclaimer: The following information is public knowledge and Reflection is part of the .NET Framework, supported by Microsoft. Looking at how Krrios coded the Sallos entry assembly for educational purposes is a good learning experience.

1. Download and install .NET Reflector (free)
2. Download Reflector.FileDisassembler and import it as an addon
3. Add Sallos.exe to disassemble, and save the source locally.
4. The main Client assembly, games, and their dependencies are stored in custom krrios-hax0r archives. Access to these files is restricted and I won't tell you how to extract the data.

Assembly hashes and loaded module names are sent to the Sallos master server for verification, so don't try to hack it out or you'll get banned (unless you know how to get around this).