RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Poll] Tokens or Points

S

Seven

[Poll] Tokens or Points

I am currently doing a poll to see what people like better. Tokens or Points. When i mean points i mean the point system by NoX. A player on my shard says that tokens would better and with a prize room. I almost think that Tokens are for RP Shards. Should i convert to tokens or stay with points or combine them? It would be great if you could help out..Just tell what you like better :

A.Token System
B.Point System
C.Combined

Thanks!

S

Seven

ahh..so combiend PVM and PVP
Points = PVP
tokens = PVM
but tokens are worth less...ok...nice idea ;)

personaly i really dont see the point in either with a player base ranging between 30 and 50 depending on the month you want to take the check from I have rarely had more than two players who activly pursue PVP. but then again I run all 4 facets fully spawnd not just Felucca there by not making it a PvP paradise. Personaly as an admin I have discovered Role Players are lower maintenance that PvP'rs. they generaly entertain themselves and don't require a lot of flashy extras as rewards for who can talk the most. Frankly Im fairly disgusted with what PvP has become. having played for coming up on 6 years I remember when there was honor even among the most vicious of PKr's, sure they would kill you and loot your corpse. but they usually left your clothes or bandages, and most of them would instead of taunting you with " you just got owned" would say something like good fight, which at least left you with some dignity as they took their fill from your corpse. Now there is no honor in PvP its just a bunch of pimps standing on the corner talking shit. My appologies to those few true reds out there you know who you are, and I am certain you probably feel about the same. Its folks like that that give honest Murders a bad name. :p

S

Seven

silver there are now several levels to pvp
Newb Pvp (gank loot reskill)
Pvp (That you where talking about)
HardCore PVP (What your disgusted at the pimp shit talkers that own you)
But please...Just choose one of the above so i can get this over with :)

what the hell in order to please all go with the combined. i may not agree with point system but just because i dont agree with it doesnt make it wrong, but on the same note you should not totaly leave out the PvM players.

S

Seven

Well...im not going to take out PVM if thats what your thinkign...I would just stick with the point system...Meaning people can only gain prizes through points...If i combine them both PVM and PVP can gain prizes.
House is one of the prizes im considering :)

Celaldor

Wanderer
well the reason tokens is a good idea is because it is a form of currency between players hence promoting player economy...