RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Hour

Alis

Wanderer
Isnt the power on the OSI works this way =

Player enters the acount and the power hour starts for the account for only 2 hours a day when the player logouts from the account the timer stops . I remember it that way isnt it correct ?

Admin God

Wanderer
read earlier post on the topic but your correct, one of the versions of power hour was login related for the first login in 24 hour period.

Kamron

Knight
Rabban said:
Well the funny part is that a friend of mine swears up and down that the RunUO shard we play on (which uses very few unique scripts) has a power hour for the first hour you log in per 24 hours.

I haven't tested it, but he says that he gains better right after he first logs in each day (might be his imagination). I've checked the default distribution of RunUO and found no trace of said powerhour, so he may very well be crazy.

Well I know that I helped someone add it to their shard, and I can private message you the name to see if its the same. And many others have added it as well (namely T2A shards), so I am not surprised. You should tell him to ask the admin thats all. lol Although specifically I do remember there being a message though so he would have known.

Alis

Wanderer
In my suggestion i would do something that will not effect alot but also will make some things easier a power hour 100% effective would not be good for Big servers.. like a.k.a In Turkey..\

Back when I played on Chesapeake, the powerhour was "on" during the first hour of the shard coming back up from mantinance each day. Then they changed it to 1 hour given to you every 24 hours, and if you went over the 24 hour period by not logging on, the powerhour timer stopped until you logged on, of which it would start you powerhour once you had. Saying the words "powerhour" or "power hour" didn't start your powerhour, what it did was tell you exactly how many hours, min, and seconds until the 24 hour timer was up. If you were already in powerhour when saying it, it would just say "You are in your powerhour" or something to that effect.

Kamron

Knight
I found my powerhour script if anyone wants it! Just contact me on ICQ and I can get it for you. It is as accurate as I can tell, and if you need anything changed then just tell me.

Also, it didn't make you gain more from the way I understand it, it just made it so you gained even when you failed so you could do things of higher difficulty and still get gains.

For example:

Taming dragons when you're so low you never managed to tame them and get a gain wasn't a good way to GM taming, so you did it on creatures you could sucessfully tame about half the time or slightly less. Powerhour made it so even if you failed to tame them, you still got a game, so you could gain both high level sucess points, as well as failures.