RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

precompiling your shard to run on a remote host - repost

Zippy

Razor Creator
No I'm not going to lock it, on a side note I can't begin to express how annoying it is when people revive a month dead post, but anyway....

The possibility exists RIGHT NOW for YOU to create a way for runuo to load your pre-compiled dll... it's SIMPLE! There's core support, but noe one has figured it out. Before this turns into a private message zippy party, no I'm not going to tell you.

Phantom said:
no kidding...

The only people that want pre-compiled script support are those that won't share. If you want to share then you don't hold your scripts as being sacred. You will do alot to protect them but you don't go over board.

making them into a dll and only uploading that is going overboard.

PLEASE LOCK!

the dev team dont even share y shoud we

Zippy said:
No I'm not going to lock it, on a side note I can't begin to express how annoying it is when people revive a month dead post, but anyway....

The possibility exists RIGHT NOW for YOU to create a way for runuo to load your pre-compiled dll... it's SIMPLE! There's core support, but noe one has figured it out. Before this turns into a private message zippy party, no I'm not going to tell you.

mabye thats y it was brought back up because you are stuborn and wont tell???

Phantom

Knight
Jimbo please don't turn this into a discussion about the Dev team not sharing stuf.

They can't releae the mobile class simply because its the majority of the Core.

Phantom said:
Jimbo please don't turn this into a discussion about the Dev team not sharing stuf.

They can't releae the mobile class simply because its the majority of the Core.

sorry i really have been a flame head lately ill shut my mouth sorry everyone

we cool?

ive been to much of a downer today i need to change my sig and avitar...

brodock

Sorceror
devs i have an idea...
what about making that 'precompiled' script something like that:
you create an "autorization file generator" this file must be placed in host machine and executed there... then it will generate like a pgp key.

then you get that pgpkey back to the asshole boy (the one that desn't have a secure host) machine...
then with another tool the asshole boy compiles the entire scripts encrypted with autorization key...
then it send's script back to the host and execute the shard with autorization key.

ok about autorization key, it's something like that:
an autorization key generated in my machine will only works here...
so if i compile a script with an autorization key that was generated at my host machine, then that script will only work with that autorization key and only in my host machine...

with this, will make very dificult to any asshole share precompiled scripts as he will have to compile every time to every new one that wants that script...

and of course this helps peoples that doesn't have a secure host...

ps: about the "it will only work for that machine" the way to do that is to generate the key like windows activation... you read hardwares serials to generate the key...

Phantom

Knight
I don't think the Devs will do any pre-compile support.

You can do it if you want...Something like that would be very possible I suppose.