RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem - Client..

___

Wanderer
Problem - Client..

Hello, When I start the client i get a error whats wrong? :/

Error is:

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Process id=0xaf4 (2804), Thread id=0xaf8 (2808)

Click OK to terminate the application
Click CANCEL to debug the application

thx..

TalRave

Wanderer
Same here

I get this same error when trying to use this... I download it all, set up config, then run it and get nothing but the error above. Whats up?

Lysdexic

Sorceror
Got the .NET Framework installed?

Also, some video cards aren't supported (such as the old Voodoo's). On an old comp of mine, thats exactly what would happen.

Alan

Wanderer
I have .NET 1.1 installed and I have a fairly recent computer. I also get that error message.

Quantos

Lord
Alan said:
I have .NET 1.1 installed and I have a fairly recent computer. I also get that error message.

There are numerous recent video cards that are not supported. That could be the problem.

Alan

Wanderer
I reread the topic on installing PlayUO here http://www.runuo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53074 and it solved that problem but alas a new problem has arrived. When I run Krrios' PlayUO client.exe the familiar uo login screen pops up very sluggishly. When I try to connect I get this message:

Code:
Couldn't connect to login server. Either the server is down, or you've entered an invalid host/port

My client.cfg file looks like this:

Code:
ScreenSize=800x600
GameSize=640x480
FullScreen=False
ServerHost=192.168.0.3
ServerPort=2593
Username=XXXXX
Password=XXXXXX
PlayMusic=True
SmoothWalk=True
EncryptionFix=True
IncomingFix=False
OldMovement=False
OldCharCreate=False
EncodeSpeech=True
SendUpdateRange=True
LastServerID=0
ExtendProtocol=True

That all seems to fit the criteria.

When I try to login using Razor I'm actually able to connect and choose the server, but when I try to enter in on a character it says in the lower left hand screen "Login Confirm to Westland [my shard name]" But I never actually enter onto my shard. I'm left staring at the client screen you see before you enter the world.

I should also state for clarification that I did not reinstall a fresh UO as recomended in the RunUO installation guide from this thread on this message board: http://www.runuo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38019. Could this very well be the problem?

*Update* It seems that I can log on to other RunUO shards with client, just not my own.

Quantos

Lord
Are you using the datapath.cs to seperate the files used by the server from the files being used by the client?

dazes123

Wanderer
Hello,

I am also having the same problem:

Couldn't connect to login server. Either the server is down, or you've entered an invalid host/port

Im not good with script... i didn't understand the datapath.cs file instructions.. could anyone explain a bit more on the previous instructions?