RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem initating Razor

Debugger

Wanderer
Problem initating Razor

It stays on the splash screen "Waiting for client to start", then it shows that the client has crashed and comes up this message of Razor:
Razor was unable to initialize. Error code:
NO_TID
Description: Could not find Client's ThreadID
Possible Cause: The Client may not have initialized Properly.

I was running fine before updating to the 0.1.29...

Debugger

Wanderer
Client 307a. Type of what ? Sorry didnt understand...

I tried with client 400 and 500 and also didnt could initiate.

Edit: If type is 2d or 3d, it is 2d.

Debugger

Wanderer
Can it have something to do to the fact that the client 307a is edited for the shard i play and that it reads a dll ?

Debugger

Wanderer
With the new Razor it shows a window named Keys, i cant see what is in it, because the splash screen stays right in front of it. Please take a look Zippy, almost 500 people of my shard aren't able to run Razor because of it. Thankz.

Iliana

Wanderer
When I start Razor 0.1.29, it creates a small window behind the splash screen called "Keys" and then doesn't do anything else. If I use the Task Manager to kill Keys, the Razor and Client windows appear but then the Client crashes.

Zippy

Razor Creator
Yeah woops, redownloading will Fix the keys thing.

As for supporting client 3.0.7... Razor does not technically support any clients older than 4.0.0. While it MAY be POSSIBLE for Razor to work with these clients, I don't have the time to test Razor with every version of the client ever released. There are few good reasons to continue to use such old clients, and general when you use something so out of date it's your problem if it doesnt work with the latest software.

That said, if you can provide more information about this DLL thing I might be able to help you, but as it is I'm just confused.

Debugger

Wanderer
Yeah, I know that Razor doesnt fully support older clients, I am just saying It's odd that from nothing it started giving this error with the newly Razor version.

So, about the dll, what you want to know about it ? I will gather some information here, but if you have something specific that you would need to know...

Zippy

Razor Creator
The new version changed a lot of how Razor works. (Obviously, thats why there was a new version.)

I don't know anything about this DLL of yours so anything you can tell me will help me understand what it does, how it works, why its messing up Razor.

stormwolff

Knight
Debugger said:
PS: Just stating, before the dll never gave problems.

Don't get defensive he is willing to help figure out the isssues between your client/dll and razor. Do what you can to help.

Debugger

Wanderer
I'm not being defensive, sorry if you tought that, i was just saying that it never gave problems, that can be helpfull for him...

Edit: I dont even like that dll, its just trash, but the staffs from the shard insist on mantaining it...

Edit²: I'm with the newest version and the keys problem still persist, even using a 500 client :/

Debugger

Wanderer
Info about the dll:
The Client is edited to "run" the dll to crypt outgoing information of the client and decrypt information incoming. Always works before client on incoming and after client outcoming, the razor was in the same position of incomes outgoes of the client, the packets were OK.

Hanging at Verifying Account

I use Razor to play on a POL shard that uses a 4.0.3.d client. The old version worked great but when I updated to the new version I have the following problem. "Keys" appears in the task bar (I cant open it). When I close "Keys" UO hangs up at Verifying Account. The shard name is "Ackadia Raw". I am not useing UO gateway. Any idea on a way to fix this? Or am I going to have to wait for an update?

Zippy

Razor Creator
I highly doubt Razor would work with this kind of DLL, and I'm pretty surpised that Razor worked with it in the past.

There was nothing major changed in the new version of razor that would prevent this DLL from working. You can always try using UOGateway and Razor and see if things work better that way... There's not a lot else I can do. I can't attempt to support ever last odd client mod that people can come up with.

Debugger

Wanderer
Ok Zippy, well glad you tryied :p If you ever could take a look for us i would be ever thanked.

Ah, and I tried with uog and guess what, worked! haha, i will play with it for then so thanks !

STОRM

Wanderer
Debugger said:
It stays on the splash screen "Waiting for client to start", then it shows that the client has crashed and comes up this message of Razor:
Razor was unable to initialize. Error code:
NO_TID
Description: Could not find Client's ThreadID
Possible Cause: The Client may not have initialized Properly.

I was running fine before updating to the 0.1.29...
Got same situation here, well actually not the same but similar, you see, when I start first razor it loads fine, but when I start the second one it gives me this error and crashes, client version 4.0.4b, razor 0.1.29 latest, with 0.1.28 everything was perfect...

It could be because of the new decrypt and multi-uo functions by Razor, which were previously taken from uog.dll

Maybe uog.dll has support for more older clients while Razor only supports the newer ones.

A possible solution until the cause of this behavior is found would be a hybrid option in Razor to either use the uog.dll or the new built-in functions. :D (but i doubt that will happen, maybe an option to disable the multi-uo + decryption if started from UOGateway?)